• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

Odd how someone rather random and new in all of this ends up spending doom for our antigonist. I'm leaving this arc rather puzzled. For the last two issues I feel like I've been given an abridged version of the events. Considering I had a bit of an investment in the characters, this was kind of a let down from that perspective. I'll open up more as folks indicate they have completed the issue.

5. No, obviously :P

Yep, that is the only one of those that can be answered right now :eek:

For some reason I don't want to believe it...it seems inconclusive as to if the baby was involved in the blast..I mean...blood and guts everywhere how am I supposed to make it out. :(

Can everyone here agree that my questions 1-4 are valid? I just want to make sure I didn't fall into a coma on an issue or two and this was explained.
I think we are all in the same boat with 1-4

Great issue! Steve I checked out some of the pages too! `

Did you buy anything Chris? They seem pretty pricey this time around :sick:

Agreed, the prices have gone up.

I cant blame him in regards to this issue, plenty of awesome pages. If page 10 was 11x17 I wouldve been all over it

Great issue! Steve I checked out some of the pages too! `

Did you buy anything Chris? They seem pretty pricey this time around :sick:

Agreed, the prices have gone up.

I cant blame him in regards to this issue, plenty of awesome pages. If page 10 was 11x17 I wouldve been all over it

my point exactly, the pages warrant top dollar but they are half pages so they should be half. :sumo:

** SPOILER ALERT ** Highlight to read

1. Where is Andrea? Her fate was not decisive.

2. Where is Bill/Ben and Sophia? The kids seem to have disappeared.

3. Michonne...she disappeared...but what became of her? I'm assuming #51 answers that.

4. Where is Dale, Maggie and Glenn?

5. Did baby Judy survive?

1-4.) Only the person is question #1 actually was shown to come back. The others may have never returned. But you are right, none of these were answered.

5.) Definitely did NOT survive. That's why Lilly was so angry at the Gov.

5.) Definitely did NOT survive. That's why Lilly was so angry at the Gov.

That's probably the understatement of the month. Adlard drew this person so much like Alice that for a minute I thought it was her.

SPOILER ALERT--HIGHLIGHT TO READ

So let me count in this issue alone: Billy, Patricia, Gov, Lori, Judy, Alice, Hershen...did I miss anyone?

Tack in: Axel and Tyreese...close calls with Andrea and Rick. Miss anyone?

The last two issues felt rushed...I would've almost liked it if the Gov did NOT retreat and have made it a 3-4 issue extravaganzza...could've expounded on some things instead of zipping through it all. The fact that we don't know where major characters in this is discerning...perhaps he has a plan.

This just seems like a massive send-off so he can reboot the plot and direction of the book...hopefully some of the living characters will find themselves back into the plot.

My bet is that Rick and company goes back to see his neighbors Duane and Morgan introduced way back in #1.

Go check out the Wikopedia on Walking Dead. The current state of the characters are already up to date. lol

Sterling, your body count is correct:

SPOILER ALERT--HIGHLIGHT TO READ

Billy, Patricia, Gov, Lori, Judy, Alice, Hershell

My bet is that Rick and company goes back to see his neighbors Duane and Morgan introduced way back in #1

That would be SWEET, I love those two!

Kirkman definitely hinted that they would return to the book at some point in the future :wishluck:

The fact that we don't know where major characters in this is discerning...perhaps he has a plan.

I'm sure the Kirk-ster has a plan, I'm excited to see where the story goes from here, and I really enjoyed issue #48!

It was a quite the edge-of-your-seat read! :headbang:

To be honest, I loved the issue. Because of the situation they were in, it should have felt rushed. The quick pace of the issue made me feel like I was there. No time to think, no time to react. Just to act and run.

I even liked the Govs fate. It has been clearly explained that he was manipulating his people, so Lilly's actions did make sense. That page made me think of the fate of the bad guy in the original Day of the Dead too.

I do wonder if this was the plan all along, or if he's trimming the characters down to be more friendly to new readers. Regardless of his reason, I thought the story arc was exciting and really well done.

To be honest, I loved the issue. Because of the situation they were in, it should have felt rushed. The quick pace of the issue made me feel like I was there. No time to think, no time to react. Just to act and run.

Well Said! (thumbs u

That was how I felt too, and it was a really intense reading experience! :headbang:

My wife just read #48 this morning (she has been following the series all along with me, of course!), and liked it......but she said she was crying quite a bit.

It's damn powerful (and impressive) when a comic book about fictional characters can bring up such emotions. I just thought I would share :)

--Steve