• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

They could have killed off everyone but you know who and I wouldn't have cared. That person was my favorite character and i'm wondering how Kirkman is going to keep it interesting after that massacre.

To be honest, I loved the issue. Because of the situation they were in, it should have felt rushed. The quick pace of the issue made me feel like I was there. No time to think, no time to react. Just to act and run.

Well Said! (thumbs u

That was how I felt too, and it was a really intense reading experience! :headbang:

After I posted that, I realized it felt rushed for a reason...so it had the desired effect. I also forgot that most of the characters I'm complaining about left in the RV with Dale and Andrea, so I'm content with that...although when the RV was rammed he didn't let us know who was in there and if they got hurt.

I even liked the Govs fate. It has been clearly explained that he was manipulating his people, so Lilly's actions did make sense. That page made me think of the fate of the bad guy in the original Day of the Dead too.

I did have visions of the scenes from that movie when I saw all the ghouls at table-side.

Now, Kirkman has indicated that the Gov "flashback" issue had some important information in it that he plans on using in the future. Now that the dust has settled, I'm wondering what he was eluding to? Humans ingesting Zombie flesh like when the Gov "kissed" his Zombie Daughter? hm

There REALLY wasn't anything really significant that I think he could use in future issues, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

The blood line of Shane has ended....
Yep, it sure has :o

Didn't even think about that!

She paid for her infidelity with the ultimate price :sumo:

lol That sounds like a cheesy soap opera tag line! I love it!!! ^^

Okay, after reading this issue...as a FATHER myself, I can only say one thing...and one thing only.

And I would like someone to PLEASE pass this message to Kirkman.

On behalf of every Dad everywhere who's first primal instinct is to protect your children at all costs...

Robert....Bob...

...MR. KIRKMAN..........

spicoli.jpg

I love this book. The carnage in #48 just solidifies my opinion on how much I look forward to each new installment.

Spoiler:

Now that it is Rick and son, I'm probably going to enjoy this book even more...if that's possible. Father/Son out on the run with Zombies and who knows what on their heels. There's a big world out there just waiting to be explored for all its Zombie goodness. The death of the wife and baby makes it clear that NOBODY is safe in this book. Unlike traditional comics where the title character you always know in the back of your mind will be ok...(Superman, Batman, Captain America) In this one, I truly feel scared for the safety of all who show up on the pages. Well done Kirkman!

SPOILERS, HIGHLIGHT TO READ....

Robert just posted on his message board, ending the speculation that Judith might still be alive:

please, can robert kirkman just make a post that says "JUDITH IS DEAD" so people stop posting their ridiculous theories on her being alive ? denial. thats all it is.

JUDITH IS DEAD.

-Robert

Was this on the Image message boards, Steve? What's the link for that?

Yeah, I was in denial...and then I looked back at page 10, and saw the shredded baby blanket. :(

I did have a gut feeling that one of the young ones was going to go...so I guess by process of elimination (the other kids left in the RV) that it was just her time.

And I've just bought my last issue of WD

Thank you very much.

Try the chicken and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Because of the death of a fictional character? Because it shows a parent ultimately failing in protecting for their young? As harsh as that sounds in this fictional world, it happens in the real world all the time...either through neglect, abuse, or simply without the ability to provide like in third world countries.

One thing I've found with this book is that it helps to put YOU in the spot of these characters and asks you what would YOU do in this extreme instance. To be honest, I don't think I would last longer than Jim in issue #6. But survival aside, some of the decisions being made or situations endured makes us think would would happen if all of today's order in society crumbled. It's humbling to say the least.

And I've just bought my last issue of WD

Thank you very much.

Try the chicken and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Because of the death of a fictional character? Because it shows a parent ultimately failing in protecting for their young? As harsh as that sounds in this fictional world, it happens in the real world all the time...either through neglect, abuse, or simply without the ability to provide like in third world countries.

One thing I've found with this book is that it helps to put YOU in the spot of these characters and asks you what would YOU do in this extreme instance. To be honest, I don't think I would last longer than Jim in issue #6. But survival aside, some of the decisions being made or situations endured makes us think would would happen if all of today's order in society crumbled. It's humbling to say the least.

Wow, great post Sterling! :applause: