• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top 10 best comic investments under $200?

132 posts in this topic

I thought Valkyrie first appearance was in Avengers #87 (Enchantress) or Incredible Hulk 142?

See what I mean. 893frustrated.gif

grin.gif

Don't get me wrong....I've always known the Defenders appearance as the first w/Barbara Noriss but I never gave it added emphasis..... smirk.gif

Jim

Don't get me wrong....I've always known the Defenders appearance as the first w/Barbara Noriss but I never gave it added emphasis..... smirk.gif

Which is exactly why it's undervalued. thumbsup2.gif

It IS the real first apperance of the Val that was popular in the 70's and appeared in hundreds of Defenders issues and various other mags. The Enchantress in disguise is nothing special, while Defenders 4 is the real deal.

It IS the real first apperance of the Val that was popular in the 70's and appeared in hundreds of Defenders issues and various other mags. The Enchantress in disguise is nothing special, while Defenders 4 is the real deal.

Le voila. Plus its a black cover book - I challenge anybody to find one in grade.

Le voila. Plus its a black cover book - I challenge anybody to find one in grade.

hi.gif

477710-defenders4cgc92.jpg

477710-defenders4cgc92.jpg.7800a35f009c8f9371efa437879b42e3.jpg

But you already sold that, and if it didn't have the eye-straining white border, I would have nabbed the book on the BIN.

I don't see anything wrong with the white border. As long as the border is straight (and not overly huge), it looks fine to me. acclaim.gif

I don't see anything wrong with the white border. As long as the border is straight (and not overly huge), it looks fine to me.

I agree, that is about the biggest straight border I would accept. Of course no border at all would be better... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I really like challenges... smirk.gif

Arrived today...thought I'd post a scan before I pop it from it's plastic prison. And before anyone asks, I bought this before this past weekend...at a pretty damn good price to boot... thumbsup2.gif

defenders4.jpg

Jim

I really like challenges... smirk.gif

Arrived today...thought I'd post a scan before I pop it from it's plastic prison. And before anyone asks, I bought this before this past weekend...at a pretty damn good price to boot... thumbsup2.gif

awe4one,

Killer book, congrats! Why do you want to crack it out of the slab? Not saying that it shouldn't be done, just curious as to your reason. For reading, just so you can hold it yourself, or to fit in better with the rest of the run (considering they are not slabbed)? I'm asking because I have a CGC House of Secrets # 92 on the way and was considering cracking it open also for all the reasons I mentioned. This is only my second CGC book but will not decide what to do until the book is in hand.

Why do you want to crack it out of the slab? Not saying that it shouldn't be done, just curious as to your reason.

Why...

Jim

Ahh, I see...almost sorry I brought up the subject! frown.gif But I do understand and agree with you. I have been following that thread loosely and do find the pressing issue to be a direct conflict with certifing a given grade. I for one do like my books raw, in fact the only reason for buying my first slab (a modern) was so that I could truthfully comment on them having one in hand. As for the HOS # 92 I must admit it was for the "guarantee" of the grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thor 339

Spawn 1

Superman 204

All incredible investments!

If you want some, I have a few (well, maybe more than a few) I'd be willing to part with for guide, which is a bahhhhgin for these high quality investments.

Unfortunately, I just sold my last 200 copies of Rai and the Future Force 9 and Magnus 25 for $50 each, so I'm out of those.

Wow great information on here really enjoyed reading all the posts. Personally I am at the point that I buy what I like and flip what I have to take to get what I want to recoup my buys most of the time. For example I may buy a lot of 20 books, but only want 10 of them so I flip the rest. Not really in comics to make money per say, but like making back my money while pocketing some books at the same time for me.

Ill pick a few cheap and different ones just to stimulate some discussion. I like buying them cheap and watching them appreciate eventually.

G.I. Joe 21 - Simply love this book. At around $25 a pop its a steal due to crossover value and something Marvel did very rarely back then. The famous "Silent Interlude"(No Words) issue. Also 1st appearance of Storm Shadow doesnt hurt.

Marvel Team Up 53 - Should be much higher in OS. SHould be nearer to X-men 108 in value.

Teen Titans 2- Will pick this book up cheap all day long. 1st Deathstroke. Ebay will cause its price to jump next year in OS as IC is causes it to soar.

Marvel Graphic Novel 5 - X-men - God Loves Man Kills - Basis of X-men Movie and tough to find in high grade. Only Size of book kills great value.

Logan Run 6 - Early Thanos story. Should see some increase over the years.

Champions 1- How many times has Marvel relaunch the Defenders? I look to see this series revamped in a few years.

Marvel Team Up 53 - Should be much higher in OS. SHould be nearer to X-men 108 in value.

Why?

The book is not part of the X-Men run so will never be close in value to 108. Besides, IF #15 is a much better book. tongue.gif

While I agree IF 15 is a much better story MTU 53 came out first, is Byrne's first X-men and has only about 45% the value of IF 15 and 30% of the value of X-men 108.

Now since IF 15 is valued around $65 in NM and rightly so then MTU should somewhere between 45-60 range I think at least compared to X-men 108 which is $100 in OS.

Most X completists will always search for this book and I myself took several years to find a very high grade of it. Its one of those weird books where the first time an artist drew a particular team that he is known for and its in another title. Dont know how many are like that. Thats a topic itself.

Jim Lee drew Wolverine in Alpha Flight, but AF 51 is worthless pretty much so your argument makes sense just my two cents.