• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top 10 best comic investments under $200?

132 posts in this topic

What do you think the best deals for under $200 are? (and explain why if you feel like it). What books will go up in the long term that arent already $$$? Any feedback you could give me would be appreciated. Here's some of my picks:

1. Hulk 182,

2. Miracleman 15,

3. ASM annuals 3-5

4. Green Lantern 76

What do you all think?

Thanks, john

Personally, I feel Peter Porker is on the verge of breaking out. I mean think about it: almost 20 yrs old, low CGC census numbers, difficult in high grade, & a successful movie franchise = a potential gold mine. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only book you can really get in high grade is the overhyped Miracleman 15! 893frustrated.gif

Of course, this "$200 Investment" totally disregards the ultra-high prices these books command in high-grade. It's the old "price guide fallacy" at work.

What do you think the best deals for under $200 are? (and explain why if you feel like it). What books will go up in the long term that arent already $$$? Any feedback you could give me would be appreciated. Here's some of my picks:

1. Hulk 182,

2. Miracleman 15,

3. ASM annuals 3-5

4. Green Lantern 76

What do you all think?

Thanks, john

To answer this question seriously, there are several questions you have to answer:

1) What is your investment timeline?

2) How diversified do you want to be?

3) What is your risk tolerance?

None of the books you have listed above are good "investment" picks, as the price has already popped on all of them. Answer the three questions and we can start, but stop thinking you'll make money on any of the 7 books above.

1. Hulk 182,

2. Miracleman 15,

3. ASM annuals 3-5

4. Green Lantern 76

What do you all think?

Thanks, john

To answer this question seriously, there are several questions you have to answer:

1) What is your investment timeline?

2) How diversified do you want to be?

3) What is your risk tolerance?

None of the books you have listed above are good "investment" picks, as the price has already popped on all of them. Answer the three questions and we can start, but stop thinking you'll make money on any of the 7 books above.

To answer this question not seriously tongue.gif

1) Ultimate Spider-Man 1,2,5,13 (and all variants)

books I wouldn't mind paying for $200 in NM 9.6 and up shape:

DD 7

FF 12,26

Marvel Feature 1

Defenders 1

Defenders 10

ASM 1-20

Subby 1,8

Any of the early JIMs people on here drool about

other than the Defenders, I have no attachment to the rest and would be purely for speculative fodder to make funds for my real passion: variants and off the shelf Moderns grin.gif

FF 12

If you had this book for sale in 9.6 for $200.00 I'd even fly down there myself to pick it up, and raid your fridge of course while I'm there...

Oh and come to think of it check out your life-long collection of John Stagliano tapes you've been bragging about smile.gif

DD 7

FF 12,26

Marvel Feature 1

Defenders 1

Defenders 10

ASM 1-20

Subby 1,8

Any of the early JIMs people on here drool about

Why not just add Action 1 and Detective 27 while you're at it...the likelihood of getting those is about as great as half the others on that list!

4. Green Lantern 76

What do you all think?

I think the finding a NM Green Lantern 76 for under $200 would be an awesome investment smile.gif I'd practically guarantee you'd get 700-1000% return on that within just two weeks (depending on how close you are to Florida) tongue.gif

We are talking raw "NM+ 9.6" (acc to ebay/dealers average) here:

actually the Defenders books come up in claimed NM grades for much less than $100

Raw early aSMs claimed as NM are coming up in that vicinity of price range?

definitely subby 1 and 8 are overlooked and can slip by for that much..

I'd add DD 16 and 17 as $200 candidates smile.gif

That's the wrong Peter Porker issue.. That one came out in 1985.

The one you REALLY want is from 1983. (I have this copy in NM+.)

Marvel Tails: Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-ham #1

Shhhhh..........I'm hoarding that issue. gossip.gif

It's the AF 15 of Peter Porker comics. laugh.gif