• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top 10 best comic investments under $200?

132 posts in this topic

Marvel Team Up 53 - Should be much higher in OS. SHould be nearer to X-men 108 in value.

Why?

The book is not part of the X-Men run so will never be close in value to 108. Besides, IF #15 is a much better book. tongue.gif

Hulk Smash Puny Karate Man!!

Hulkroars.gif

who's that in your avatar banner? confused-smiley-013.gif

John Murphy from the World Series of Poker. It's all a big game and we're looking for whoever has been rumor-mongering (but doesn't have the cajones to come forward) that CGC has been pressing books for select customers to name names and tell stories. See the "CGC Answers" thread where Redhook called them out asking them to "lay the cards on the table", but they have yet to show themselves...so I figured I might as well play too? So far, only your main man hammer has been linked to the rumor, and that tells you exactly how much legitimacy it has! 27_laughing.gif

However, feel free to name names or ante up if you feel like playing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now since IF 15 is valued around $65 in NM and rightly so then MTU should somewhere between 45-60 range I think at least compared to X-men 108 which is $100 in OS.

The difference is that Iron Fist 15 actually had the X-Men as the focal point of the story and were featured on the cover. MTU 53 was a few panels of the X-Men and the issue and cover centered on the Hulk and Woodgod.

Now since IF 15 is valued around $65 in NM and rightly so then MTU should somewhere between 45-60 range I think at least compared to X-men 108 which is $100 in OS.

The difference is that Iron Fist 15 actually had the X-Men as the focal point of the story and were featured on the cover. MTU 53 was a few panels of the X-Men and the issue and cover centered on the Hulk and Woodgod.

Agreed thought it was assumed. So since IF 15 is valued over twice what MTU 53 is then even though it was printed months later. Where does the line between a few panels and a full/partial story merge? Not saying MTU 53 should be at IF 15 pricewise just given a little more love. OS doesnt seem to love it much even though it has raised the price on it in the last few years.

at some point the fact that there are likely many more MTU 53s on this planet than X-Men 108s or IF 15s ought to factor into the pricing equation

spidey was really really big in the mid/late 70s, right? based on observation I see a heck of a lot more late 70s MTUs than those other titles from that era.

Not to mention, MTU 53 was still a book you could could in dollar bins until not that long ago because most of the MTU run has been considered worthless so many dealers forget to pluck that one out (kindah like NTT #2). A major dealer on ebay had them for like $4 each in quantity, but I stupidly never got around to buying any and now he's wised up.

Fact is, IF 15 also can be found cheap if you look.

X-Men 108, no, not so much.

cause there's a lot of good opinion in here. i was thinking perhaps another n00b might be interested.

i dunno. did it bother you? i'm sorry if it did...

Fact is, IF 15 also can be found cheap if you look.

X-Men 108, no, not so much.

IF 15 & X-MEN 108 go for about the same price in CGC 9.6 on Ebay. gossip.gif

There are tons of NM 108's for sale, and only a few IF 15s ever come up in NM or better.

I dont know if bronze keys are stretched out (well apart from the comic whose name is not spoken perhaps), the material seems to be resonating with people more than some of the weaker overpriced silver stuff which seems horribly dated. I dont think you can go far wrong with bronze right now, but thats just my collectinator radar speaking.

the IF 15s (raw, can't talk about pricing throughout the grades) can be snagged cheaper because some sellers don't know what they have. i've gotten it in mixed lots cheap.

newbie sellers usually see "x-men" on the cover of 108 and figure it's worth something

anyway, slabbed 9.6 is a small segment of the market. i'll assume x-men 108 had a bigger print run and was "collectible" a bit earlier (although IF 15 was collectible pretty soon after it came out as well given the popularity of byrne and the x-men in general). there are probably disproportionally more in slabs as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=6506640993&rd=1

here's an IF 15 that sold for $3. it doesn't look like it's in such bad shape.

aside from this freaky restored copy that went for the s/h price, you see raw 108s generally go for more than raw IF 15s (not surprising given that 108 is 50% more in OPG)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33826&item=6506905756&rd=1

this can mainly be based on the fact that more people collect x-men and are putting together that run than I.F.