• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Robert Kirkman / Todd McFarlane Project

55 posts in this topic

Still looks like Spooge Man to me.

My Give-a-Damn meter is at Empty. The "Low Damn" light has come on.

Mac does absolutely nothing for 15 years, still has a huge fan base, and gives us...THIS?

:whatev:

At least it's being written by Robert Kirkman, IMO, one of the greatest writers in modern comics today 2c

i couldn't agree more, Kirkman rocks! This book will be good just because he's writing it, who cares Todd though.

I'll give it a shot because it is Kirkman. I don't like what I've seen of the art....

There's the pic above and a print from the 2007 SDCC, that's all I know, but Todd seems stuck in his Spider-man era....

At least it's being written by Robert Kirkman, IMO, one of the greatest writers in modern comics today 2c

i couldn't agree more, Kirkman rocks! This book will be good just because he's writing it, who cares Todd though.

right there with you guys. I'll give anything kirkman does a shot, and unless the art is just hard to look at (astounding wolfman) it usually ends up being a good read.

I'll read it because of Kirkman.

I think Todd McFarlene thinks he's still and name and that's why he's putting his name on the book. Seems to me Ryan Ottleys going to be doing most of the art load. I hope that doesn't screw Invincible!!!

Todd's got quite the ego. I think he's putting his name on a Kirkman book so he can take the credit when the book is a hit. Is Todd really a big deal? I admit I was a fan back in the Spider-Man days, but that was a long time ago and a lot of those fans have stopped reading comics.

I mean c'mon, have the sales on Spawn really gone up since he started inking that book? I don't know, just curious.

I

I think Todd McFarlene thinks he's still and name and that's why he's putting his name on the book. Seems to me Ryan Ottleys going to be doing most of the art load. I hope that doesn't screw Invincible!!!

Seen the panel today with Robert Kirkman and Todd McFarlane talking about this. They said Greg Capullo will be doing page layouts to "save Ottley some time" and not have things bogged down.

Other tidbits..

The funky bare chin look is something Kirkman insisted on.. he "barfs out" :sick: the costume and it goes up over the head and covers the body, so the chin is left open :screwy:

Kirkman: something along the lines of "Todd was actually helpful in the writing part of things, which I didn't expect."

They showed a slideshow of a couple covers and a few pages, one that looked like a Spawn/Venom living costume grabbing onto someone.

I'm still not all that excited about this book yet. It was lots of fun hearing them talk about it. Kirkman is a funny guy. Talked about all his books and what's on deck for those titles, I wish it was a longer panel.

I am probably the only person on the boards who was completely unaware of McFarlane during his ASM run. I remember some vague stuff about silver covers, gold covers, platinum covers, bagged books, etc. that at the time I dismissed as criminally predatory capitalism, now when is the next issue of Comics Journal coming out? But I admit I've collected a lot of his books since then. His art is so good, yet so bad, basically a guilty pleasure. Kirkman, I like a lot. So even though the cover image looks like Spawnderman and the story sounds like Deadman+1, I can't imagine not reading it. Plus, it comes out on my birthday.

right there with you guys. I'll give anything kirkman does a shot, and unless the art is just hard to look at (astounding wolfman) it usually ends up being a good read.

I didn't like AW at first either, but the art has grown on me. It's like like saturday morning cartoons with gore and splatter.