• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Air Fighter's Comics War Comics

22 posts in this topic

I'm apologizing in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but ...there is a nice gentleman on Ebay, who I have bought from many times...who is selling these two books, they are certainly not high grade, but he's concerned that people haven't found them and I know there are a lot of war collector's on this board, so I thought I'd post a link... eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250148291498&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

I've shown people his books before and they've been pleased...I'd love to be selfish and keep him a secret:) but...he's too nice:)

I don't know anything about this title, but he says they are scarce and he's a long time collector, who had many covers posted in the Gerber Guides, just doesn't collect any more since he retired.

They aren't my books, so I didn't want to post them in the Ebay thread and of course I'm not selling them, so I didn't want to post them in the selling thread...so, I'm guessing...

Good luck! a23.jpg

a25.jpg

I know these are the only 2 books he HAS, but ...I will ask him if he can get the other one:) Very nice guy...

I got this from him a few weeks ago, I know it's in horrid- condition, but I had never seen one before:) I love it, of course, rips and tape and all:)

e71.jpg

Air Fighters is, content-wise, one of the best titles of its era. (imho) It also had some of the most innovative cover designs of the golden age--check it out in the Gerber.

Sharon, you should really dig the first Valkyrie issue (#12? #15?) Probably one of the earliest great GGA covers.

:hi: Bangzoom:)

I love Timely's...but one of my dear friends is a Timely collector, so I just never bid against him:)

I got this one too...I might just need MORE Timely's...;) (and I have all the Sensations and WW's expcept for #6 now, so I needed to branch out:) I got some more in the package, but I promised my friend some...it's going to be hard to part with them, lol:)

a7.jpg.jpg

Very Pretty:) I got this in the mail yesterday:) I'm happy:)

Lots of great colors:)

Always wanted a Mystic. I love it! Congrats! :applause:

Thanks, I had no idea "I" wanted one, till I saw that one...

These books are SO addictive.... :tonofbricks:

Air Fighters is, content-wise, one of the best titles of its era. (imho) It also had some of the most innovative cover designs of the golden age--check it out in the Gerber.

Sharon, you should really dig the first Valkyrie issue (#12? #15?) Probably one of the earliest great GGA covers.

agreed; i just put these up the other day on another thread, and they are just perfect here. this is the cosmic aeroplane copy, which wasn't advertised and was a wonderful surprise when i began reading.

air1.jpg

air2.jpg

Love the cover, BP! :applause:

And there's nothing like a good Mayan pyramid war story. :cloud9: