• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

An amazing, breathtaking group shot. I am envious beyond belief. Congrats.

Just curious, are you finished (as in satisfied) or do you want to upgrade some ?

It appears the PQ on all are at least Off White ?

Another Stairway To Heaven shot! :headbang::applause:

"There's a Korvac who's sure, that if he buys the book and not the label

That he won't need to take all kinds of meds to keep stable.

Oo, ooo, oo, oh, oh, oh

And he's setting up that Stairway to Heaven shot."

:headbang:

Thank you Bob. (thumbs u Only one cr-ow pager, #113, that also has a hefty miswrap. Last minute thrill bid without scoping out the book beforehand. doh! doh!

I'll certainly upgrade anything I can afford to a higher grade + would love to pick up more pedigree copies with nice QP + PQ.

That deservers one of these (worship) and three of these :applause: :applause: :applause:

An awesome achievement and that's definitely one of the greatest run of covers in Marvel history when you see them all lined up.

I'm starting to wish I'd bought back my old J.I.M #93 Pacific Coast when I had the chance. :frustrated:

Beautiful books! They are all amazing--but the early Journeys are what have me drooling- is that 93 a 9.6?? Also--that 90 in a 9.2 is unreal! Juat curious--how long did it take you to aquire the run? Congrats!

Thank you, AS!! Yes, that #93 is a 9.6 + the Pacific Coast copy. Not too hard to see how its one of my favorite books. (worship):cloud9: About 5 years from start to finish to put it all together. Though like alot of collecting, I didn't know when I bought those first several books that I WAS putting together the whole run!! lol

That deservers one of these (worship) and three of these :applause: :applause: :applause:

An awesome achievement and that's definitely one of the greatest run of covers in Marvel history when you see them all lined up.

I'm starting to wish I'd bought back my old J.I.M #93 Pacific Coast when I had the chance. :frustrated:

Thanks Beltan!! As one big JIM fan to another, I appreciate that. (thumbs u

Don't worry, I'm taking good care of the #93 PC. Heck, we only ever "rent" these books + they'll go on to other collectors some day.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

As a rule of thumb, how important is page quality? OW/W pages is a standard for some, with white pages as the ideal, of course.

How much do you discount the price for C/OW, and increase the price you're willing to pay for white pages?

Now that I finally have a mid-grade (6.5) OW/W copy of JIM 85, I've been trying to acquire a higher grade copy, but the prices at 8.0 and above are becoming exorbitant. (Pause to bow in jealous respect to those of you that own higher grade copies of *any* of the early run of JIM books).

A white pages copy of JIM 85 in VF- sold on Heritage 12/19/10 for $1015.75, and one dealer just told me he turned down an offer of $2,700 for an 8.0 w/white pages. I imagine it's a combination of the grade and the PQ that's driving the requested price of $3,600, but that seems like an unrealistic expectation. According to the dealer, the last white pages copy in 8.0 sold for $2,300 recently, and he hasn't seen another white pages 8.0 copy in over a year.

What do you think? A 15% price premium for a white pages copy?