• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I'm not a Journey Into Mystery collector (I collect HG FF) -- but I got this book in trade and wanted to post it as a rarity/fun book. A few Boardies have already seen it since I eventually plan to trade it for an FF or maybe put it up for auction somewhere, but for now I'm just enjoying the view. This book just screams "Silver Age Marvel" to me and is one of the most colorful covers of the era.

Thanks for checking it out -- and good luck in your JIM collecting! :cloud9:

Dan

JIM103.jpg

Hey all!

I'm not a Journey Into Mystery collector (I collect HG FF) -- but I got this book in trade and wanted to post it as a rarity/fun book. A few Boardies have already seen it since I eventually plan to trade it for an FF or maybe put it up for auction somewhere, but for now I'm just enjoying the view. This book just screams "Silver Age Marvel" to me and is one of the most colorful covers of the era.

Dan

JIM103.jpg

(worship) ( :gossip: I'm thinking radar-wise that one's already in Korvac's set... :tonofbricks: )

Hey all!

Dan

JIM103.jpg

(worship) ( :gossip: I'm thinking radar-wise that one's already in Korvac's set... :tonofbricks: )

I'm thinking that you should have a great shot at it, as an FF collector. Korvac does need to upgrade from his 8.5 copy, though :whistle:

103's a tough book above 9.0. Not many to go around...A very nice book indeed!

(worship)

:banana:

White Mountain

KGrHqUOKpoE3wrtBFUBOBL-yEdg0_3.jpg

I was watching that auction. Glad you got it! (thumbs u

I'm glad you only "watched" the auction, I had a snipe set a little higher. :grin:

lol You've been on quite the run lately, fun to watch!! :applause:

When I saw that copy of JIM #85 I was glad I wasn't drinking tea at the moment, as I would have likely spit it all over my laptop...Trimmed on all 3 sides, huh?

Once again, I have to applaud you for keeping copies like this out of bijoubaby's and robojo's hands.

Despite at least one report to eBay (cough), bijou's still marketing the 9.2 with color touch as a "Journey Into Mystery #85 Vol 1 Grade 9.6 No Reserve!"

:frustrated: Entreaties made to him to mail in the label to the CGC to maintain the accuracy of the census have fallen on deaf ears. Impossible! Sigh...

Anyway, happy thoughts. Those are some sweet books, y'all!

So who has a sweet copy of #86 for us to fawn over?

UPDATE: The restored 9.2 sold for $960 + $5.95 s/h on 6/23/11...Restoration removal candidate, there. I hope the label gets sent in...

Apparently, the winner of bijoubaby's auction for the "9.6" retouched copy of JIM 85 was, wait for it.....bijoubaby himself. He's re-listed it on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120743653669&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

Sigh.

Meanwhile, speaking of beautiful books in upcoming auctions, that 9.4 Twin Cities copy looks nice:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7036&lotIdNo=17034

I will envy the new owner.