• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,862 posts in this topic

Very nice.

Isn't that just before they began displaying the pretty Thor picture in the corner?

I call him "Happy" Thor. Starts issue 91.

Edited by Battle

Very nice.

Isn't that just before they began displaying the pretty Thor picture in the corner?

I call him "Happy" Thor. Starts issue 92.

I do not own a copy, but #91 is when they used the picture vignette in the corner.

Basically all Marvel books starting in April 1963 started using this. Keep in mind that some books were one month behind on Marvel titles. In other words...some books listed as May also had April issues coming out during the same week. Look at the letters pages and the ads in early 60's marvels and you will see what I mean. (thumbs u

This is why some books have it on the April issues, and others on the May issues.

Edited by Blind Owl

I should have said ALL books starting in May 1963 had the new logo. The fact that some of them are April issues is because those April issues such as JIM 91 came out at the same time as FF 14 which is a May issue. It's just that a few Marvel titles were one month behind for some reason, even though they were released at the same time. (shrug)

Cheez....I hope that doesn't confuse everyone. hm