• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on the boards and I have just recently started posting. My main collecting focus has been Wonder Woman, so I thought I would try posting a couple of images in this thread. Forgive a noob if this doesn't work out perfectly. This first book I just picked up from the recent Comiclink auction (and I am using their scan.) It has always been one of my favorite covers of the Sensation run.

Sensation2694.jpg

This next book is also a favorite of mine. I picked it up in San Diego a few years ago. The scan is my own.

Sensation41.jpg

Well, I hope this little experiment works out. One question - is it generally considered acceptable here to use scans from places like Comiclink and Heritage to show off the books you have bought from them. They always seem to be better than my own. Thanks.

Al

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker on the boards and I have just recently started posting. My main collecting focus has been Wonder Woman, so I thought I would try posting a couple of images in this thread. Forgive a noob if this doesn't work out perfectly. This first book I just picked up from the recent Comiclink auction (and I am using their scan.) It has always been one of my favorite covers of the Sensation run.

Sensation2694.jpg

Al

You made a great entrance to the thread and the boards. Welcome to the posting part :applause:

That copy is gorgeous (thumbs u

Thanks everyone. Here's another one of my favourites. I bought it just as winter started last year - it seemed like an appropriate choice. If I remember correctly the villains turned out to be Nazis, but you couldn't tell that from the cover. I have always thought it interesting the contast between DC/National and the other GA companies (Timely, Nedor, etc.) in terms of their portrayal of WWII and the Axis powers. I'm sure it was a conscious decision. I wonder if there was a desire by DC to aim at the youth market (look at the kids on the cover after all - Bucky and Toro they are not) so they minimized the gore.

sensation1470.jpg

Hi Alzabar! Welcome to the boards. Those Sensations are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Please continue to share your Wonder Woman treasures with us. They will definitely be appreciated.

When it comes to scans from the sites where I bought a book I tend to do the same thing you do. Very often I'll ask them first just to be nice but my thought it what are they going to do with the scan now that I bought the books so I might as well use it :grin:

Speaking of red covers here's another great one in my opinion. I have been fooling around with my scanner tonight, so I thought I would post it

Despite the high grade this book has a little foxing on the back cover and lower part of the front cover near the spine. Has anyone ever heard of a book developing foxing while in a slab? I would hate for it to get worse, so I have thought of cracking it out. Then there's always the risk of damaging it while de-slabbing. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

Sensation45.jpg

Speaking of red covers here's another great one in my opinion. I have been fooling around with my scanner tonight, so I thought I would post it

Despite the high grade this book has a little foxing on the back cover and lower part of the front cover near the spine. Has anyone ever heard of a book developing foxing while in a slab? I would hate for it to get worse, so I have thought of cracking it out. Then there's always the risk of damaging it while de-slabbing. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

Sensation45.jpg

We've had confirmation of comics rusting in slabs both when placed in a safe and in other environments (there was a thread on this in General and it happened to a friend of mine). I had not heard of foxing problems.

Very nice book! :applause:

It's possible that copy had foxing prior to slabbing -- calling for Grader's notes might reveal that.

It's not very often that I can contribute to this thread.

Wonder Woman 61 from skypinkblu. Nothing like the beautiful 9.4 slabs we've been looking at, but a respectable copy of what I understand to be a scarce issue.

WonderWoman61.jpg

Jack

Does anyone know of a resource that will provide the size of a print run for the early Wonder Woman comics? I'm doing a little research on scarcity of certain issues and the size of the print run would be helpful information.

Does anyone know of a resource that will provide the size of a print run for the early Wonder Woman comics? I'm doing a little research on scarcity of certain issues and the size of the print run would be helpful information.

I'm not sure print runs would help. A lot of these books were destroyed during the paper drives...and then the Wertham thingy, didn't exactly help either.