• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

So here is number 14. I bought this from the PCE back in the late 1990's. At that point they still had their buyers premium (?20%) and I think they even added a 3% surcharge because I used a credit card (which I think contravenes the merchant's credit card agreement but I am not sure.) Now I don't mind paying a buyers premium when I deal with an auction house, but on retrospect I can't believe I paid it to PCE which was definitely not working on an auction model. If I remember correctly they droped the premium eventually. They seem to be out of business now, but curiously their website is still up (last update 2003.)

WonderWoman14.jpg

Number 15 I bought off bay from Joanna Sandsmark. It is a deslabbed 3.5.

WonderWoman15.jpg

And number 16 I bought from Ron Pussell at Wondercon in 2009. The first time I have attended that show, and I really enjoyed it. The book is a deslabbed 5.5.

WonderWoman16.jpg

Well there is no 17 or 18, and again I'm not sure there ever will be but for reasons other than the #1. I had originally thought of collecting the whole run 1-329 (as I have the run 98-329 except 105 already) but decided against it. I then thought I would just collect the first 28 issues as based on the dates of release they are probably the ones that are written by W.M. Marston, but a lot of the covers in the 20's don't really appeal to me. Then I thought I will just get the first 20 issues, but I realize how relatively common that 16 up are compared to the first 15 issues and acquiring 17 and 18 just doesn't "do it" for me. Besides that, I find the cover to 18 quite dull. So maybe I'll stop at 15 or 16 (because I already have it.) Nevertheless there are a few more books which you'll see in my next and last post of my little Wonder Woman run.

My run pales in comparison to G.A.tor's former run. In fact a couple of books that I have posted before - Wonder Woman 48 and 49 are Rick's deslabbed old copies that I bought from Bedrock. I could have bought the 17 and 18 at that time too, but for reasons explained above I did not.

Nineteen I bought from Podboy66. I love how H.G. Peter did animals. The elephant here and the Mammoth and Tiger on #9 are some of my favorites.

WonderWoman19.jpg

The 20 I bought from Dave Kapelka in 2002 at the Motor City con.

WonderWoman20.jpg

And finally (for now,) here is the #26 that I bought in a Heritage Auction.

WonderWoman26.jpg