• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

I was real happy when I found that #1 4.5 at comiccollect.

I always wondered if a boardie had listed it. I wanted to thank them for selling the book hm

I think it's cool how boardies swap books amoungst each other here, buy and sell from each other, and there's no hard feelings if a little scratch is made in the exchange.

Sometime just making back what you paid or even giving a bud here a bargain!

And I also think It's cool to know from whom a book came :gossip:

:applause:

I would be suspicous if the transaction actually goes through. I remember something similar a few years back on Clink where I hit the BIN on an underpriced book. I was one of about 10 or so that did the BIN and all were told the listing price was a mistake. It happens.

Edited by bomber-bob

Just thought I would post some of my San Diego pickups. It was a great con and it was nice to connect with a few of my fellow board members.

First is Sensation Comics 35. I bought this from John Verzyl. It is one of my favourite covers of the run and couldn't resist the white pages. The Okajima pedigree has such a great story behind it too.

Sensation35-1.jpg

The Wonder Woman 18 I got from MrBedrock. 18 has never been one of my favourite covers, but now that I am going to complete 1-20 I needed a copy. Thanks Richard.

WonderWoman18.jpg

Just thought I would post some of my San Diego pickups. It was a great con and it was nice to connect with a few of my fellow board members.

First is Sensation Comics 35. I bought this from John Verzyl. It is one of my favourite covers of the run and couldn't resist the white pages. The Okajima pedigree has such a great story behind it too.

Sensation35-1.jpg

The Wonder Woman 18 I got from MrBedrock. 18 has never been one of my favourite covers, but now that I am going to complete 1-20 I needed a copy. Thanks Richard.

WonderWoman18.jpg

Wow! That Sensation 35 is stunning!!! (worship)

Sensation35-1.jpg

WonderWoman18.jpg

:applause::applause:

I would be suspicous if the transaction actually goes through. I remember something similar a few years back on Clink where I hit the BIN on an underpriced book. I was one of about 10 or so that did the BIN and all were told the listing price was a mistake. It happens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WONDER-WOMAN-22-CGC-5-0-Off-White-Pages-/390225418588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

hm

Guess it went through?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WONDER-WOMAN-22-CGC-5-0-Off-White-Pages-/390225418588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

hm

Guess it went through?

Apparently so (tsk)

That's capitalism for ya (shrug)

hm

Guess it went through?

Apparently so (tsk)

That's capitalism for ya (shrug)

This books sure gets around, or maybe it's multiplying hm

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3847&id=857128

Here are a couple of pickups from the Comiclink auction.

I can't say that I really like the romance issues of Sensation, but I seem to remember an article by Michelle Nolan that appeared in CBM that said that of those issues #97 was the scarcest, so I thought I would pick this up:

Sensation97.jpg

The #106 I like a lot more. The building in the background reminds me a bit of Rockefeller Centre. I realize that I don't really know what city Wonder Woman is most associated with. I guess it is Washington D.C., but this cover doesn't remind me of that. Did she "live" anywhere else (aside from Paradise Island of course.)

Sensation106.jpg

You ought to know having had quite a few Senasation's your self, Rick. :grin:

I probably never would have noticed that building and lamppost with "subway" on the cover Karl.

It does indeed look like a NYC locale. Could that building be the infamous "30 Rock"? hm

if I hadn't of gotten some of skypinkblu's undercopies, I am not sure I would have completed the 90-106 mini run... some I never saw for sale, in any condition...

all the Sens from 90 and up are "scarcer"...probably 92 is among the toughest , but all are hard...nice pick ups!

I agree about #92 - this is the best copy I ever found, and recently let go. The copies on Comiclink were much nicer than those generally - if ever! - available.

The post-romance issues have some great artwork and stories - notably Astra. I'll post some pages if anyone is interested.

SensationComics9255.jpg

all the Sens from 90 and up are "scarcer"...probably 92 is among the toughest , but all are hard...nice pick ups!

I agree about #92 - this is the best copy I ever found, and recently let go. The copies on Comiclink were much nicer than those generally - if ever! - available.

The post-romance issues have some great artwork and stories - notably Astra. I'll post some pages if anyone is interested.

SensationComics9255.jpg

better than any copy I owned