• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Congratulations Bob. How many more of the Crippen copies do you need now?

I have 13 or the first 20

I have #'s 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20

I need #'s 2, 3, 6, 11, 12*, 14 & 15

*the #12 I have has a "D" written on it but it wasn't certified as a Crippen copy when it was graded in 2002. I'm planning to resubmit it to have it checked in case it is a "D" copy that was certified prior to the pedigree.

*the #12 I have has a "D" written on it but it wasn't certified as a Crippen copy when it was graded in 2002. I'm planning to resubmit it to have it checked in case it is a "D" copy that was certified prior to the pedigree.

"d" copies were not "d" copies due to any "d" on the cover, but the D-xxxxx code on the interior first page... my guess is cgc would not have missed it, even in 2002, so probably not worth spending the money to resub, unless you just want too

"d" copies were not "d" copies due to any "d" on the cover, but the D-xxxxx code on the interior first page... my guess is cgc would not have missed it, even in 2002, so probably not worth spending the money to resub, unless you just want too

You're probably right Rick, but it's currently slabbed so I can't look inside it for the codes. It will bother me forever if I don't have it checked. Gemma said that the fellow at CGC who specializes in pedigrees remembers a Wonder Woman #12 being certified as a "D" copy, but I can't find any record of a sale of it anywhere, including Heritage Gallery where a lot of them were sent out to be certified and sold.

what is funny is last year I think, bob had me offer like 10 or 12K to the owner, and he turned it down...now, to list on clink at 10K, and only net 9K, well, maybe he misplaced my email! great pick up for bob though!

Check it out, I ran across the message where we were discussing the WW #1 "D" copy, a little more than a year ago.

. . . I can tell you that the owner has turned down a $12,500 offer I believe (almost double what he paid) . . .

Rick

What a difference a year makes.

Anyway, if the owner paid $7K, they still made a few grand on the deal.

what is funny is last year I think, bob had me offer like 10 or 12K to the owner, and he turned it down...now, to list on clink at 10K, and only net 9K, well, maybe he misplaced my email! great pick up for bob though!

Check it out, I ran across the message where we were discussing the WW #1 "D" copy, a little more than a year ago.

. . . I can tell you that the owner has turned down a $12,500 offer I believe (almost double what he paid) . . .

Rick

the market does change, that is for sure!

Rick

the market does change, that is for sure!

I may be testing that market soon when I sell off my dupes :P

Maybe I should hold onto them until the movie.

I was real happy when I found that #1 4.5 at comiccollect.

I always wondered if a boardie had listed it. I wanted to thank them for selling the book hm

I think it's cool how boardies swap books amoungst each other here, buy and sell from each other, and there's no hard feelings if a little scratch is made in the exchange.

Sometime just making back what you paid or even giving a bud here a bargain!

And I also think It's cool to know from whom a book came :gossip:

I just wished you had of offered the copy to me :cry:

You got to be kidding :o How many have you owned?

not relevant...I am WW 1 "less" right now...been quietly looking for a nice mid grade copy :cry: