• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chi Town- My First Trip to a Comic Con! Episode 1 In Search of My Grail!

102 posts in this topic

So this post is really about how excited I am to go to Chicago! I am excited about picking up my long term grail Cap 1(I hope I find one to suit my needs) and probably even more so is a chance to meet many of you great guys in person. I have become friends with many of you, and I really look forward to putting a few beers down and talking comics. I am going to make a photo journal of my first Comic Con Experience and then post it on this thread when I return. I will make sure it is packed with great photos of comics, and if you are lucky a Hot Chick or two.

On the list to do:

1. Find a Cap 1 I can afford and meets my collection needs

2. Drink beer

3. Play Poker

4. Meet fellow formites

5. Forum Dinner

6. GET a Big old Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!

7. Take photos of books I would love to own but can't afford.

8. Find a Asian Lady boy to walk on my back with high heels(Ok, so thats a sick joke)-but I think its funny!

9. Did I say Drink Beer, oh yes I did...worthy of a second mention!

10. Go to the Opera!/delete that...Find a Chicago Ped. Timely to add to my collection.

Update coming soon!

See ya all there!

Paul

Toooo! Funny!

Steve, are you going to be there? If so, we so will not talk mortgage business.

Although a friend of a friend told me there is a little shop in China Town where the girls wear 8 inch spike heals if that does it for you. lol

A little pain is good, perminant damage...not so good!

At first i thought you were going to ChinaTown doh!

Wizard World China-Town hm

Lots of pedigree golden age manga!

Going in search of my grail...Astro Boy #1!!!!!!!!!!

Drink some sake!

Deep Dish Kung Pao Chicken!!!!!

Play Mah Jong!

Meet forum member.

Drink sake with him.

Get a nice caucasian woman to walk on my back in tennis shoes.

Did I mention drinking sake?

At first i thought you were going to ChinaTown doh!

Wizard World China-Town hm

Lots of pedigree golden age manga!

Going in search of my grail...Astro Boy #1!!!!!!!!!!

Drink some sake!

Deep Dish Kung Pao Chicken!!!!!

Play Mah Jong! I almost blew milk all over my computer I thought he said PLAY WITH MY WONG

Meet forum member.

Drink sake with him.

Get a nice caucasian woman to walk on my back in tennis shoes.

Did I mention drinking sake?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol CGC give that man 10,000 dollars because that was America's Funniest Forum Post!

:acclaim:

That would be a lot of free submissions.

I'll take it!

schommy

what do you look like... and when will you be out drinking with your cap 1?

:whistle:

MMM...I think I look like a cross between Emilo Estevez and Homer Simpson, and Yes I believe I will have the Cap 1 with me while am drinking :blush:

Paul wish I could be there to help you guys with the beer and trade some comics, maybe next year I can make a point of attending one of these for the first time. Good luck on the Cap #1, just read a reprint of the book for the first time and I love it. Interesting that the identity of the Red Skull is revealled but he dies at the end so what happens in issue #3, a new Red Skull? I think issue #16 is the next appearance (what a great story)?

Interesting that the identity of the Red Skull is revealled but he dies at the end so what happens in issue #3, a new Red Skull? I think issue #16 is the next appearance (what a great story)?

SPOILER ALERT :news:

Actually, the recurring theme is that the Red Skull seems to die at the end of each of his early stories. In #1, he's industrialist George Maxon and rolls over on his syringe. #3 leaves off when #1 ended -- Maxon is alive but dies again when Cap throws a grenade at him. In #7 (supposedly the first appearance of the REAL Red Skull), he drowns at the end. And in #16 (great story!) he falls off the wing of an airplane.

Yes, I am a big GA Red Skull fan. :banana: