• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chi Town- My First Trip to a Comic Con! Episode 1 In Search of My Grail!

102 posts in this topic

great con report!

with paul and ponseti taking pics, I only took a few of Centaurman's collection...once I run them by him, hopefully he will let me post a few "group" shots!

gator

Gator, that would be great. His books are just stunning. I would love to see some close ups! You just can't get a feel for how great those books are till you hold, smell, and see them in person. Win's books are abousolutely stunning!

Paul awesome Cap#1 you should really consider cracking that out of the slabb as it would look great in a mylar. (thumbs u

Thanks Surfer, I would consider cracking the bad boy, but my boys love to hold it. I feel a little better with it behind the plastic. Someday it will be crack'd, but for now I will keep it safe.

Paul

So this post is really about how excited I am to go to Chicago! I am excited about picking up my long term grail Cap 1(I hope I find one to suit my needs) and probably even more so is a chance to meet many of you great guys in person. I have become friends with many of you, and I really look forward to putting a few beers down and talking comics. I am going to make a photo journal of my first Comic Con Experience and then post it on this thread when I return. I will make sure it is packed with great photos of comics, and if you are lucky a Hot Chick or two.

On the list to do:

1. Find a Cap 1 I can afford and meets my collection needs-Done!

2. Drink beer-Did some of that!

3. Play Poker-Yup, did that too!

4. Meet fellow formites- Enjoyed the hell out of that!

5. Forum Dinner-Uhuh! Good times!

6. GET a Big old Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!-Very Nice!

7. Take photos of books I would love to own but can't afford.-Whole lot of that!

8. Find a Asian Lady boy to walk on my back with high heels(Ok, so thats a sick joke)-but I think its funny!-So what if it was Harley Yee, close enough!

9. Did I say Drink Beer, oh yes I did...worthy of a second mention!-Yes, Yes!

10. Go to the Opera!/delete that...Find a Chicago Ped. Timely to add to my collection.-Refer to #7, found but could not afford!

9/10 is not bad!

Update coming soon!

See ya all there!

Paul

I really wish I hadn't lost the other photo's, some real nice ones. I think Ciorac has a few of the pow wow with John Verzel and a few others. Hopefully he will post them. The Dude was at the forum dinner, and I really enjoyed meeting him. I must say I really enjoyed meeting all. That even above my grail was the highlight for me. The kinship from the hobby, was fantastic. I am indebted to the CGC boards for my new friends, which I am sure will be old friends. All in all, I had a fantastic time.

Paul aka Mr. Schomburg!

I posted pictures in a thread in Comics General.

Linky

Ken,

Glad you liked the photo's and the report.

I must take a few moments to say of to all the people I mis-spelled and left out sorry! I am the worlds most terrible speller! My grammer isn't very good either! If not for word perfect I am quite sure my degree would have been from a school like LSU :baiting:

Also I really can't stress enough what a shear pleasure it was to meet all you guys and how much fun I had running around talking funny books, oogaling hot chicks, having a few beers and poking fun at each other.

Also it was so very nice of Richie Evans to allow us complete access to his booth and letting us scare away most of his customers. For those who have never met the likes of Richie, Parker, Ciorac, Gator, and others like Steve, and Russ I must say this, you are missing out on some very quality high integrity people who are the very best of the hobby. There are plenty more I am sure, but these guys I spent some quality time with and I can say I would consider them friends with out hesitation.

Now I have never been to another con and I have nothing to compare to, but man I will come back next year. Only next year I will come early to see the sites and play around town a little more.

Also it was so very nice of Richie Evans to allow us complete access to his booth and letting us scare away most of his customers.

Paul,

It was absolutely my pleasure. I must confess, letting ya'll hang out at the booth is a little self-serving though. I think I got to see more cool books than anyone else in the room!

On a side note...I can usually tell where someone is from by how they address me. Richard or Ricky - probably Texas...Rich, Rick - probably west coast...Richie -definitely east coast and probably New York. Paul has screwed up my theory.

Well, at least you aren't calling me .

R(your choice)

Then how come you kept making me address you as either SIR, or MR. Richard III?

:sorry:

(btw, :gossip: Ellen loves her Dumbo book ya big softee.. I fleeced you on that book.)

Also it was so very nice of Richie Evans to allow us complete access to his booth and letting us scare away most of his customers.

Paul,

It was absolutely my pleasure. I must confess, letting ya'll hang out at the booth is a little self-serving though. I think I got to see more cool books than anyone else in the room!

On a side note...I can usually tell where someone is from by how they address me. Richard or Ricky - probably Texas...Rich, Rick - probably west coast...Richie -definitely east coast and probably New York. Paul has screwed up my theory.

Well, at least you aren't calling me .

R(your choice)

I personally liked Beddy (short for bedrock), but it kinda sounded like Betty! As to your theory, I think Richie is very west coast. We watch a lot of movies out here, which is why I think for as long as I can remember my friends have always called me Paulie, you know...Hey Paulie! Of course there is the ever popular paulie-wog, and in the last 10 yrs. Diddy, from Pdiddy..short version Diddy!

You all have a Billy, Richie, Rickie, Bill(should be Willy) and now a Paulie. Oh and I won't ever call you . :grin:

(btw, :gossip: Ellen loves her Dumbo book ya big softee.. I fleeced you on that book.)

Seeing her read it so intently was worth the price of admission! What a cutie.

She will be driving you crazy singing "Casey Jr." in no time. Then we can talk about the fleecing.

Ken,

Glad you liked the photo's and the report.

I must take a few moments to say of to all the people I mis-spelled and left out sorry! I am the worlds most terrible speller! My grammer isn't very good either! If not for word perfect I am quite sure my degree would have been from a school like LSU :baiting:

Also I really can't stress enough what a shear pleasure it was to meet all you guys and how much fun I had running around talking funny books, oogaling hot chicks, having a few beers and poking fun at each other.

Also it was so very nice of Richie Evans to allow us complete access to his booth and letting us scare away most of his customers. For those who have never met the likes of Richie, Parker, Ciorac, Gator, and others like Steve, and Russ I must say this, you are missing out on some very quality high integrity people who are the very best of the hobby. There are plenty more I am sure, but these guys I spent some quality time with and I can say I would consider them friends with out hesitation.

Now I have never been to another con and I have nothing to compare to, but man I will come back next year. Only next year I will come early to see the sites and play around town a little more.

:cloud9:

You are one of the crew now Paul! :acclaim:

Willie(Ciorac),

Here is the book I promised you, will be in mail tomorrow. I hope you likey!

IMG_2167.jpgIMG_2168.jpg

It is written by some guy named Lt. Calking---the shear cruelity of some parents.

:o :o (worship) (worship)

Likey??? I LOVEY!!!!

:acclaim:

Kind of thought you might! Great color, thats what drew me to buy it. I don't collect Buck Rogers, yet.....I was pulled in by the magic of Lt. 's color and style of the future.

Then seeing how happy you got, after buying that pulp of Buck Rogers(although if I am not mistaken he was called Anthony Rogers in that particular book) I knew you needed it more than I. So Happy Buck Rogers day to you!

p

I just can't let this go to 2nd page! Way to nice!!!! Also I am a little proud!

mm0094.jpg

Schommy,

It was great to meet you in Chicago.Wish I could have spent more time with you all.Maybe next time at Ciorac's place?

And you have good reason to be so proud,the book is just gorgeous! I must confess my jealousy for the Cap and the MM3 you got from Bedrock.What a pair of killer books to bring home and file in the comic vault. (worship)