• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chi Town- My First Trip to a Comic Con! Episode 1 In Search of My Grail!

102 posts in this topic

schommy

what do you look like... and when will you be out drinking with your cap 1?

:whistle:

MMM...I think I look like a cross between Emilo Estevez and Homer Simpson, and Yes I believe I will have the Cap 1 with me while am drinking :blush:

that's quite a combo. lol repo man was a pretty good movie. are you looking for an unrestored copy of cap 1?

41925-poster3AlexCoxRepoManEmilioEstevezDVDReview.jpg.5ca27c9c3c1cb44a76800a65bb0942fe.jpg

41926-homer107.gif.f886c52a16de0707d33da3f996efb111.gif

schommy

what do you look like... and when will you be out drinking with your cap 1?

:whistle:

MMM...I think I look like a cross between Emilo Estevez and Homer Simpson, and Yes I believe I will have the Cap 1 with me while am drinking :blush:

that's quite a combo. lol repo man was a pretty good movie. are you looking for an unrestored copy of cap 1?

Repo man is a classic, same movie I was thinking when I said I looked like him.

As to the Cap, no longer looking deal is made pick up in Chicago it has very slight restoration and its a F/VF...smoking looking! I had wanted a unrestored, but budget just wouldn't work, so I found a fantastic copy, thats almost unrestored and got a great deal, from a great guy....

You are looking a one very happy dude!!!

Paul wish I could be there to help you guys with the beer and trade some comics, maybe next year I can make a point of attending one of these for the first time. Good luck on the Cap #1, just read a reprint of the book for the first time and I love it. Interesting that the identity of the Red Skull is revealled but he dies at the end so what happens in issue #3, a new Red Skull? I think issue #16 is the next appearance (what a great story)?

Peter,

I wish you were going as well, Maybe next year. I will however document the trip a good as possible, and update this thread with my report. So maybe you will feel like you were there.

Paul

See the post below yours, and the Red skull answers are most adeptly answered.

Interesting that the identity of the Red Skull is revealled but he dies at the end so what happens in issue #3, a new Red Skull? I think issue #16 is the next appearance (what a great story)?

SPOILER ALERT :news:

Actually, the recurring theme is that the Red Skull seems to die at the end of each of his early stories. In #1, he's industrialist George Maxon and rolls over on his syringe. #3 leaves off when #1 ended -- Maxon is alive but dies again when Cap throws a grenade at him. In #7 (supposedly the first appearance of the REAL Red Skull), he drowns at the end. And in #16 (great story!) he falls off the wing of an airplane.

Yes, I am a big GA Red Skull fan. :banana:

Yeah I wish I didn't sell my Cap #3 now. Love the GA Red Skull appearances, he must have 9 lives because in issue #74 it looks like he probably died in Hell (another classic).

congratulations on the cap 1 ... a 7.0 with slight resto sounds beautiful to me :applause:

Thank you, Thank you! You going to Chicago? If so lets have a beer!

i might drive to the windy city on saturday and head back the same night. too bad i just bought a couple books and can't afford to be tempted by any more. i'll definitely get a beer if i go.

...I will however document the trip a good as possible, and update this thread with my report. So maybe you will feel like you were there.

Paul

I'm looking forward to reading your report and seeing the photos. :popcorn:

hey P

do you already have sights set on a cap 1?...I saw some in SD, but not sure which one (grade/resto) you are looking for?

I am not buying one yet,but I am here now, and can take a glance for you

rick

Well arrived safe and sound albiet late, due to plan delays. Had drinks with Ciroac(Bill) and Richie Evans....They are just a cool in person, fun to meet them and hang out. We(Rick,Rich,Bill, and others are hitting the breakfast buffet and then the con first thing in the am, so I am out. I will be posting the full report on Monday with lots and lots of photos. Of course the coup de gras will be the posting of my Super GRAIL Cap 1..at least for me.

KING of The CASTLE! KING of The CASTLE! Whoo HOO! CAP 1! So excited.

Paul

Anyone that is coming to Chicago stop by Moondog's (booth 1130) and say "hello". We'll be there bright and early and looking forward to meeting all the forumites. And Sir Richard Evans is directly across from us, so you have no excuses.

Angelo