• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chi Town- My First Trip to a Comic Con! Episode 1 In Search of My Grail!

102 posts in this topic

...Of course the coup de gras will be the posting of my Super GRAIL Cap 1..at least for me.

KING of The CASTLE! KING of The CASTLE! Whoo HOO! CAP 1! So excited.

Paul

Heheheheheh. Run coup de gras through a Free translator. I hope you wrote it that way on purpose!

Jack

unless that's how you scored the book

Thanks all,

Well, its Sunday night and I just got back from the CGC Forum dinner. What a Fantastic time, very nice to put faces with many of you. Special thanks to the Timely wrecking crew...Mr. Bedrock, Little Billy Parker from down the block, The Pons man, and Gator. These guys made me feel as welcome as could be, and allowed me to tag along all weekend. Honestly, what a bunch of terrific and very funny guys. To all the rest of you it was a sincere pleasure! Steve 143sk, Angelo, Brent, Mike, Scrooge, Win(has just beautiful books), Xaviar Logan, Steve B., Roy, and many others. To all I missed by name, sorry but its late and I am pretty tired.

I highly recommend this show, so much Golden age I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I will post some pics on Monday or late Sunday night. I took as many as possible!

I did pick up the Cap 1, and I must say I am indebted to Bill Ponseti for the fantastic deal he gave me. Can't wait to show it off!!!

For all those who have never held a Tec 27, Bat 1, Cap 1, and more mile high's keys then should be allowed by law, I highly recommend it!!!! Being in a group of guys with so many incredible books is priceless.

I hope to make this an annual trip, and I can say it was a great time had by all.

Thanks all,

Well, its Sunday night and I just got back from the CGC Forum dinner. What a Fantastic time, very nice to put faces with many of you. Special thanks to the Timely wrecking crew...Mr. Bedrock, Little Billy Parker from down the block, The Pons man, and Gator. These guys made me feel as welcome as could be, and allowed me to tag along all weekend. Honestly, what a bunch of terrific and very funny guys. To all the rest of you it was a sincere pleasure! Steve 143sk, Angelo, Brent, Mike, Scrooge, Win(has just beautiful books), Xaviar Logan, Steve B., Roy, and many others. To all I missed by name, sorry but its late and I am pretty tired.

I highly recommend this show, so much Golden age I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I will post some pics on Monday or late Sunday night. I took as many as possible!

I did pick up the Cap 1, and I must say I am indebted to Bill Ponseti for the fantastic deal he gave me. Can't wait to show it off!!!

For all those who have never held a Tec 27, Bat 1, Cap 1, and more mile high's keys then should be allowed by law, I highly recommend it!!!! Being in a group of guys with so many incredible books is priceless.

I hope to make this an annual trip, and I can say it was a great time had by all.

Fantastic report! (thumbs u

Thanks all,

Having had the honor of seeing the Cap #1 tonight, I must say it is gorgeous :cloud9:

Angelo

Thanks all,

Were there any Action Comic #1's? If so what grade were they?

Thanks all,

Were there any Action Comic #1's? If so what grade were they?

Not a single Action 1...kinda disapointing! I did see a MC 1, and a Superman at Quality Comix. There were some amazing books, Win had a bag of goodies and I was truley floored to see such rare high grade gold. Many of those I had seen on the board, but in person...incredible.

Since I have some scans sent to me in the deal process....I just can't wait to share so here it is.

mm0094.jpgmm0106.jpgmm0082.jpg

To add to this, I got the pleasure to meet the likes of Harely Yee(outstanding guy) and since I am a complete Timely Geek it was very cool to sit around with John V. for a hour or so and listen to the story about his quest to get near all of the Mile High Timely's. The story from the horses mouth. Funny side bar to this story was Billy Parker sliping in a request to trade his full Timely run for Johns tit for tat so John could actually read em, and John agreeing for about 3 seconds before saying what no, no, no.. that and 40mil, pretty funny stuff if you are right there. All in all a great time, and one I will remember for a very long time.

Paul

Funny side bar to this story was Billy Parker sliping in a request to trade his full Timely run for Johns tit for tat so John could actually read em, and John agreeing for about 3 seconds before saying what no, no, no.. that and 40mil, pretty funny stuff if you are right there. All in all a great time, and one I will remember for a very long time.

Paul

offer and acceptance....offer and acceptance!...

that, and "wrinkled funny books" are my 2 favorite diddy's from the con

gator

Just got back home about 2 hrs ago....good to see my wife and kids. She after 3+ days with 3 and 2 yrs old boys is napping, I am sure well deserved. I most likely will download photos late tonight and get started on my report, so most of you east coast boys will get the dope in the morning.

Thanks to all about the Cap 1!

Also I forgot to mention someone earlier, so nice to meet Kenny S.(Zee) and his wonderful family.

I will suprise you guys with some non-timely gold fun as well. Till later, see at the funny books.

Paul

Paul, amazing comics aside it was great to meet you. But I have to tell you Ellen wanted to ride home with the blanket on her lap all the way home, and took it upstairs to bed with her. she loves it..no joke.. loves it.

I am humbled at the gesture,very humbled... and while not exactly comic book related you deserve props in this thread.

Here is Paul hamming it up with my daughter before the CGC Dinner.(where he gave Ellen a handmade personalized blanket made by his wife) And Detectivekid looking sad that he did not get a Little Mermaid blanket.. :sorry:

blanket.jpg

Thanks again to you and the wifey.

Ze-