• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 6

Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one Bronze Age book to depart.

75 posts in this topic

Just a note. These thread votes are dominated by a select few who take a vendetta vs certain books (i.e. Superman 233 and WWBN 32). Someone really needs to explain to me how the heck these books are less worthy then Daredevil 131 besides the fact that certain individuals decided they werent. Has Bullseye even had his own series or any sort of other major importance ? His popularity is solely based on him killing Electra and his appearance in the movie. You can argue the importance of Superman 233 but is it not similar to Detective 395 ? Both are involved with 2 of the 3 iconic figures in comic history with both issues arguably turning the character in a different direction. Moon Knight has carried multiple series' to this point. What has Bullseye done ?

Just a note. These thread votes are dominated by a select few who take a vendetta vs certain books (i.e. Superman 233 and WWBN 32). Someone really needs to explain to me how the heck these books are less worthy then Daredevil 131 besides the fact that certain individuals decided they werent. Has Bullseye even had his own series or any sort of other major importance ? His popularity is solely based on him killing Electra and his appearance in the movie. You can argue the importance of Superman 233 but is it not similar to Detective 395 ? Both are involved with 2 of the 3 iconic figures in comic history with both issues arguably turning the character in a different direction. Moon Knight has carried multiple series' to this point. What has Bullseye done ?

I agree that sometimes the voting doesn't go the way you feel it should. I doubt that this is a personal vendetta against any books, but I don't doubt that some people read through everyone's comments and then place their vote. I don't believe that this is wrong, either, but it certainly may sway votes one way or the other. Again, this contest is to vote off the one you dislike the most or feel that it's the least important to you (or something to that effect), and it seems that not too many people care about Superman 233 and WWBN 32. My personal opinion is that there are still too many books on this list and a lot of them have very little importance to me. Others may also feel this way and that's why you're seeing books such as Daredevil #131 still on the list. Even though others may not like it a lot, there are other books that they equally care little for. (shrug)

Andy

Jesus, I've already said three or four times why I have voted for WbN 32. :frustrated:

by the way, i'm currently voting for the book, not the character, not the value, not the nostalgic appeal. the book.

WbN is a PoS. Read it some time. I could hold a pencil in my butt cheeks and assdoodle better art than that book :sumo:

And Bullseye would eat MK's lunch, sleep with his girl and drop him like a greased watermelon if they ever got in the ring together

...I could hold a pencil in my butt cheeks and assdoodle better art than that book :sumo:

Now, I would pay good money to see that. :/

My self, I only got down the list as far as Batman 234 1st Bronze age Clayface. There's just so much on that list I want to vote off that I just hit the first I want off.

It will eventually get tight though. That's for sure.

Two-Face not Clayface :baiting:

Someone really needs to explain to me how the heck these books are less worthy then Daredevil 131 besides the fact that certain individuals decided they werent. Has Bullseye even had his own series or any sort of other major importance ? His popularity is solely based on him killing Electra and his appearance in the movie.

I have to disagree that Bullseye's popularity is based solely on him killing Electra. One of Miller's great talents was taking second stringers and making them first stringers. He did this with Bullseye. Before DD 181, Miller made Bullseye a deadly badass. In 181 he capped off the saga by making him the deadliest badass. The climax of 181 has significant impact due to events starting in 160.

I have to disagree that Bullseye's popularity is based solely on him killing Electra. One of Miller's great talents was taking second stringers and making them first stringers. He did this with Bullseye. Before DD 181, Miller made Bullseye a deadly badass. In 181 he capped off the saga by making him the deadliest badass. The climax of 181 has significant impact due to events starting in 160.

good arguement. Miller did transform Bullseye into DD's 2nd greatest foe.

My self, I only got down the list as far as Batman 234 1st Bronze age Clayface. There's just so much on that list I want to vote off that I just hit the first I want off.

It will eventually get tight though. That's for sure.

Two-Face not Clayface :baiting:

lol good call

I was reading a batman 618 when the Jason Todd impersonator was revealed as Clayface yesterday before I read wrote that. Guess it was still in my mind when I made that error.

hm

And his greatest foe would be what? Bad writing?

And his greatest foe would be what? Bad writing?

lol I was thinking the Kingpin.