• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal claim... I got paid!

23 posts in this topic

Had a Paypal.ebay claim. The seller never responded to either of us after I sent the items back(per the sellers request and promise of a refund). I waited the appropriate time filed my claim and I got a refund yesterday, $150.00. In the past the Paypal/ebay refund claim process was terrible. Looks like they fixed it. Very pleased to have recived my money back, all of it!

Paypal told me there are two types of insurance, one for items up to 200.00, and one for items up to 2000.00. Don't be afraid to buy an item that has this type of coverage attached to it. They do pay if something goes wrong.

:banana:

Nice.

About a month ago, I got $1,500.00 back from paypal for a comic that I never received. I usually don't toss around that kind of money so when I saw that money credited back it was the biggest relief I have ever felt! What do ya know, paypal/ebay got something right!

William

I have a claim in myself for a bunch of damaged books that were listed as Mint. The seller included shipping with the price and didn't offer insurance (and then blamed the damage on shipping). Four books @ $135 total. Guy told me to get bent when I asked for a refund. I have my fingers crossed. like this is why I stopped buying raw on ebay.

I've had to had to make two paypal claims and 1 complaint (or however that works in the paypal world were you up the anty) just this year. I've never had this much problems in the past. Luckily, just the mere threat has forced the Sellers to make good on their promise. This last one being that I bought two CGC books from a seller and he only shipped me one of them. After it became a dispute he finally said he just found the book and will ship it out to me along with a refund. hm

Nice. Glad things worled out

The guy at paypal told me they frown upon of sellers who appear to be working the system, and they hope they make things right before they have to step in and do a chargeback. In my speific case the seller is likely going to get some money in her paypal account and they will try and recover the money from her. In the event she disappears, they will likely blacklist here from using paypal and or get her removed from ebay. I hope both of things happen to her. Moral of the story, file a claim if you have been wronged.

Nice. Glad things worled out

The guy at paypal told me they frown upon of sellers who appear to be working the system, and they hope they make things right before they have to step in and do a chargeback. In my speific case the seller is likely going to get some money in her paypal account and they will try and recover the money from her. In the event she disappears, they will likely blacklist here from using paypal and or get her removed from ebay. I hope both of things happen to her. Moral of the story, file a claim if you have been wronged.

I have noticed the process has been smoothed out - I suppose it's one of the only benefits of ebay owning Paypal that sellers can be removed or forced to refund through a Paypal claim.

So who's the seller?

no just ebay direct purchases.

Looks like I am screewwed out of $100.00 then.. :mad:

If you file a claim it doesnt matter if you use ebay or not.. if you do not get your item paypal will go through the same steps to get you back you money as if you used ebay (from what I know) it doesnt make any sense why they wouldnt..

I had to file a claim against universalcollectibles too - she "lost" the returned IMSM comic - she blamed her local USPS but I called that branch to her dismay and PayPal just "took" the money from her( she was selling other items at the time - thank goodness) and she is another bold-faced theif liar littered throughout eBayland...

CAL

I also have a refund coming from Paypal for a comic that was nowhere near the condition advertised, and after getting no response from the seller. The agent at Paypal told me that all transactions are covered for $200, and certain transactions are covered up to $2,000 (if the seller has a certain number of transactions and a certain level of feedback).

Another transaction I got robbed on only got me partial payment ($200 out of $400+), but they are going to send that guy to a collection agency and who knows, I might see some of that money eventually.

My sense is ebay is riddled with scam artists, but if paypal/ebay keeps taking losses I think they're going to have to start taking a very hard line and going after them.

So if you get scammed, file a claim with paypal! The more this happens the more likely they will clean up the landscape.

two years ago i had a claim.i bought one huge box of comics from a lady .she burned me cause the comics she said were in there were not.(x-men 13-18,ultimate spiderman 1,and others).i sent the books back and confirmation for delivery.i got the limit @ the time 250.00.(i spent 450.00)i m still wanting for the rest.

big lesson there!!!!

I just recently got refunded for two different claims. I bought 4 copies of a high end Dark Tower variant ($40 a piece) and they were advertised as "mint". The guy included shipping (the crappiest method of course) and didn't offer insurance. Needless to say, all of the books were damaged (and my intent was to have them slabbed). Don't buy any books from down469 (a jack with a name like that should have warned me). The other claim was a woman who sold me a supposed first edition of Stephen King's Carrie and sent me a worthless book of the month club edition. She never responded. Paypal must have fixed something in their process, because I am very happy with the results of my claims. The only problem is that the seller has to have funds in their paypal account for you to be reimbursed, if not you're out of luck.

The only problem is that the seller has to have funds in their paypal account for you to be reimbursed, if not you're out of luck.

Actually, Paypal springs for the covered amount (200 or 2,000) if they don't have money in their account.

The only problem is that the seller has to have funds in their paypal account for you to be reimbursed, if not you're out of luck.

Actually, Paypal springs for the covered amount (200 or 2,000) if they don't have money in their account.

I didn't know that. Thanks.