• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOCK a double strike.

185 posts in this topic

Nope, not buying it. He's not playing a character, he is a character (and not a very appealing one). If anything, the anonymity that the internet offers will more often than not encourage a person to be the kind of "human being that they really are."

Letting loose, with no repurcussions or consequences to worry about, is very liberating to "these kinds of people."

Now I can handle a JC-type myself, but my concern is for the forum itself, and the newbies that peek in here, see his distasteful behavior, and bolt without looking back. Is that what we want?

Not I.

Rick

So.... it's ok to strike or ban him -- not because you don't like him, but because you're afraid other people won't like him??? (shrug) Oh dear, we have to save the children!!!! lol

No offense but the world is full of antagonistic and negative people, so why should these forums be any different? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and their personality. If you don't like it, put him on ignore, or just don't respond to his opinions, rants, or baiting comments. (thumbs u

If the "newbies" can't handle a benign antagonist then they don't belong here. The real world is full of problems and complexities and mean people who suck. Big ol' scary JC is just a bunch of words on a message board. Nothing more. (shrug)

..... My 2c

I see your 2c and raise you a dozen doh!doh!doh! doh! doh!doh! doh! doh!doh!doh! doh! doh!

Tim and JC will sit and spin for a week(or two), then come back same as it ever was. Both of them knew how thin the ice was getting when their argument crossed the line drawn by the mods.

But they went there anyways, big surprise. :/

Ze-

Does anyone truly believe the "nice" act would last for long? We are all who we are. The old JC is what he is and that would have come out sooner or later.

I believe anyone can change (read:improve) IF they wan't to. JC doesn't.

He knows what kind of human being he is, and he's ok with that.

I don't think anyone here knows what kind of human being he really is. IMO, he's playing the role of grumpy antagonist with some redeeming qualities. He's the Archie Bunker of the message board and he revels in it.

At the end of the day, he's a character playing a role stating things he may not even believe but fit the character he has created... little different than Bug in his various incarnations.

His persona is nearly identical to that of a good friend of mine. I have no reason to believe it is just an act, although I do suspect he embelllishes it a bit now (like making sure to slip "nerd" into at least every 3rd post).

Also, for those of you who haven't noticed, JC says what he's thinking, but doesn't just go around attacking everyone who says something he disagrees with. He reserves it for the spammers, scammers, extremely dumb insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and those who attack him. He'll be more than happy to finish the flame war, even if he won't initiate it (against most people).

Every time JC get his wrist slapped

The anti JC crowd is "about time" :golfclap:

The JC apologist crowd is "he knew his bronze age" (worship)

They both deserved a strike and they both should grow up! 2c

I don't know where I fit in....I have had some knock down drag out fights with him...but I don't think he's the anti-christ.

C

Does anyone truly believe the "nice" act would last for long? We are all who we are. The old JC is what he is and that would have come out sooner or later.

I believe anyone can change (read:improve) IF they wan't to. JC doesn't.

He knows what kind of human being he is, and he's ok with that.

I don't think anyone here knows what kind of human being he really is. IMO, he's playing the role of grumpy antagonist with some redeeming qualities. He's the Archie Bunker of the message board and he revels in it.

At the end of the day, he's a character playing a role stating things he may not even believe but fit the character he has created... little different than Bug in his various incarnations.

His persona is nearly identical to that of a good friend of mine. I have no reason to believe it is just an act, although I do suspect he embelllishes it a bit now (like making sure to slip "nerd" into at least every 3rd post).

Also, for those of you who haven't noticed, JC says what he's thinking, but doesn't just go around attacking everyone who says something he disagrees with. He reserves it for the spammers, scammers, extremely dumb insufficiently_thoughtful_persons and those who attack him. He'll be more than happy to finish the flame war, even if he won't initiate it (against most people).

lol Like that time someone sugested he make an appearance at a con, and he replied "Maybe I should show up and start cracking skulls" :o

I don't know where I fit in....I have had some knock down drag out fights with him...but I don't think he's the anti-christ.

C

I'm in the who give a cr@p crowd.

Although I missed all the fun, I have no doubt they deserved it from what others are saying. But really, you'd think the "mature, rational, and ever-so-nice" anti-JC crowd wouldn't "stoop to his level" and start something that they know will end badly.

Alright, some quick replies before getting back to the real world:

I know that there is no way I can know who he really is from what we read here.

I guess I should have phrased it this way, "How he presents himself on these boards..." since perception is all that matters on the internet, right?

I'm against censorship and their is an ignore user button, would someone have an audience if everyone ignored them?

Who said anything about censorship? I'm talking about accountabilty, consequences, and (hopefully) improvement? And as far as ignoring a problem til it fixes itself...how well does that normally go?

So.... it's ok to strike or ban him -- not because you don't like him, but because you're afraid other people won't like him??? Oh dear, we have to save the children!!!!

You're right Rhino, forget anybody else. Just keep looking out for #1!

Keep popping JC back & forth from the "strike-booth" since it's done so well so far.

Think I'll bait him next time he gets out, then we'll both go back in. I'll take the hit for the rest of ya. I'll show you what self-sacrifice is all about. :P

Rick

C

I'm in the who give a cr@p crowd.

Can I join that one? :wishluck: ...I will bring cookies :foryou:

C

I've ribbed JC over the years with a couple of photoshop specials, but he actually seemed to take it pretty well.....and I think he probably enjoyed them on some level.

He's consistent, I'll tell you that. Probably the one poster I'd really love to see a picture of. That would say volumes.

Red

:gossip: He did post a picture of himself just before he took a break. He was showing the reason for his break.

It's going to be tough over the next 2 weeks without him. I guess i'll just have to keep watching this video

lol

I find JC both informative and entertaining. It is a message board for cryin' out loud. We all have our moments and I am sure this isn't the last episode between two disagreeing board members. If anyone wants the Richy Cunningham behavior, then find a board dedicated to Happy Days. Grow up.