• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF

59 posts in this topic

I love it. It is a place where you can share all of your awesome comic OA. I have also had the opportunity to buy highly sought after pieces from contacting fellow gallery members. I plan on upgrading to a paid account just as thanks for the pieces CAF has allowed me to acquire. I have spent hours just going through and browsing galleries. Do you have a link for your gallery so I can check it out? I've found that I am starting to enjoy collecting OA more than the actual books. It is an addiction though (but highly rewarding). Check out my gallery with the link below.

I can't wait to check it out. I'm just starting out and have a very limited area of interest, but I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I'm inspired by you guys that have been doing it for decades. Thanks for sharing.

ComicArt-L and this broad are the most active. I find this one has more relevant discussion from 80s and modern collectors, which is more my interests.

The CAF board/forum is pretty dead, I look at it once in a blue moon. The CAF chat however can be busy, hit and miss, mainly in the evenings.

CAF itself is probably the most useful tool in the hobby, to connect to other collectors, browse art and realize your not the only crazy collector of something :)

Premium membership has a number of benefits, but the daily emails is the most useful - items for sale and automated notification of changes to galleries you are watching.

Cheers,

L and this board are pretty good. If you check both regularly you should be up to speed on what's going down around the art world.

As CW says, both would be best to use frequently. Comicart-L has the edge for the older stuff as it's been around longer, but there are obviously those collectors talking here frequently too.

It's best to check out all the boards, even if infrequently, the Comics Price Guide and CAF forums included.

Also there is always plenty of private discussion when you know your fellow collectors, which often yields unexpected tips and deals, and are often the most rewarding.

Cheers,

the site does seem to go down a lot though. At least for the last month and half I've been using it.

Yeah, the site's been down all day so far. Bummer, I like spending part of my Sunday checking out the galleries.

Yeh, I get alot of like this occasionally: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/includes/banner.inc, line 19

Looks like their servers are having troubles...