• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Chicago Purchases

47 posts in this topic

I thought I would post these in the GA section since with only a couple of exceptions, they're all GA.

Thursday

Preview Night

My first stop is always Gary C (Moondog) and I picked up these books from him:

th_Chi07027.jpgth_Chi07026.jpgth_Chi07025.jpgth_Chi07024.jpg

th_Chi07017.jpgth_Chi07016.jpgth_Chi07013.jpg

At Gary's booth, I saw Joe Sarno, The Watcher, klozd24seven and, of course Gary himself.

Then I checked out GACollectibles' booth and bought a couple of books. He also had a book that I had purchased from skypinkblu, so I picked that up as well:

th_Chi07023.jpg

My final purchase of the night was this book from Detective27Kid:

th_Chi07011.jpg

I had dinner with a friend of mine and his son who was set up in artist's alley to sell his minicomics.

Friday

Made the rounds of dealer booths and picked up a few books here and there.

I got these Crippen copies from Steve Ritter:

th_Chi07021.jpgth_Chi07014.jpg

Some miscellaneous purchases from Friday:

th_Chi07018.jpgth_Chi07015.jpgth_Chi07010.jpgth_Chi07009.jpg

I also made this purchase :cloud9:

th_Chi07003.jpg

After the show, I went to dinner at a very nice restaurant with Rhino, Ze-man and his family and The Watcher. The food was great and since Rhino knows the owners, we got to get into one of the hottest restaurants in Chicago on a Friday night without waiting for 2 hours. Thanks Steve (thumbs u

Saturday

I spent some time talking with Dan Parent who is my favorite current Archie artist. I purchased these sketches from him:

th_Chi07008.jpgth_Chi07007.jpgth_Chi07006.jpg

I didn't buy much on Saturday although I did get this book in a trade with Mr. Schomburg:

th_Chi07.jpg

I also got these from Xavier Logan:

th_Chi07022.jpgth_Chi07020.jpg

The CGC dinner was Saturday night and it was the best of the 3 I've been to. My table consisted of Billy Parker, Mr. Bedrock, Scrooge, Detective27Kid, Mr. Schomburg and Ciorac. I also got to talk to several other forumites and, of course look at Centaurman's lineup of amazing GA books including an Action 2. Ciorac also brought his 'Tec 27 and Batman 1. Awesome stuff! I stayed up a little too late and had a few too many drinks, but it was worth it.

Sunday

I only had a couple of hours before I had to start for home, but I did manage to find this book lurking behind a dealer's table. I already have one, but I just couldn't resist it.

th_Chi07019.jpg

Most of the books I purchased in Chicago I got from Forumites and it was great meeting so many people I had only known up to now from the Boards. Thanks everybody for a great time and some great books :applause:

I only had a couple of hours before I had to start for home, but I did manage to find this book lurking behind a dealer's table. I already have one, but I just couldn't resist it.

th_Chi07019.jpg

Doubling up on Pep 23 and 36!! (worship)

Steve, what a haul. I think I like the Cap 21 the best, that cover is amazing!

It was great to finally put a face to the board name. Thanks for the books btw( now I will have to buy more at the next VCC to repay you.) Frontera was a blast, as was the forum dinner.

There is not a nicer guy on the boards then Steve.

Ze-

Then I checked out GACollectibles' booth and bought a couple of books. He also had a book that I had purchased from skypinkblu, so I picked that up as well:

th_Chi07023.jpg

Nice books but I really like this one in particular. For some reason I am obsessed with Mystic comics!!

Well done my friend (thumbs u (thumbs u

Tec 29. :cloud9:

Isn't this book supposed to be pretty rare?

I'm starting to wonder if this is just the same copy being passed back and forth amongst the GA forum here.

holy cow! What a pile of books! I love that issue of raggedy A&A for obvious reasons.... hm , but yours looks a lot nicer then mine! I have a question for you about it, my copy is the glossiest dell I have ever seen, almost freakishly glossy. Is yours as well? Was it something in the paper that month? Was mine re-glossed? (shrug)

Tec 29. :cloud9:

Isn't this book supposed to be pretty rare?

I'm starting to wonder if this is just the same copy being passed back and forth amongst the GA forum here.

Yes it is, but hopefully it'll stay with me for a while.

holy cow! What a pile of books! I love that issue of raggedy A&A for obvious reasons.... hm , but yours looks a lot nicer then mine! I have a question for you about it, my copy is the glossiest dell I have ever seen, almost freakishly glossy. Is yours as well? Was it something in the paper that month? Was mine re-glossed? (shrug)

My copy is also very glossy, so it may just have been that month's paper stock (thumbs u

well, I think Steve and Paul had the best hauls of the show!....I had no idea steve got the pep 23, but maybe, just maybe, one day it will be mine (bwaaa bwaaa!!!)

congrats, great great pick ups!

rick