• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does a CGC witness need a CGC witness?

9 posts in this topic

Here's a stupid question but one I've been wondering about. Does a CGC witness need a CGC witness for his personal CGC SS books? And if a CGC witness falls and no one is there, does it make a sound?

It's a matter of semantics. Who is to say who the book being submitted belongs to. They could submit 100 books from a con and keep them all (just to resell). I doubt there is a "belongs to someone else block" on the submission form. If I were a witness, all of my books would be subbed SS versus universal. You can pay $16 for universal a book or $27 (which is what CGC actually charges for a SS book) for SS. I guarantee you'd make the $11 difference back when you sold the book. The SS books are much more valuable and saleable (as you can tell by the amount of books sold on these boards and the crazy prices we pay for them). Just my 2 pennies.

Here's a stupid question but one I've been wondering about. Does a CGC witness need a CGC witness for his personal CGC SS books? And if a CGC witness falls and no one is there, does it make a sound?

Teh Witness makes Waves in the air..

It only is sound if there is an ear to translate the waves into another form.

So yes the witness makes waves that will become sound upon the appropriate receiving recepticle

It's a matter of semantics. Who is to say who the book being submitted belongs to. They could submit 100 books from a con and keep them all (just to resell). I doubt there is a "belongs to someone else block" on the submission form. If I were a witness, all of my books would be subbed SS versus universal. You can pay $16 for universal a book or $27 (which is what CGC actually charges for a SS book) for SS. I guarantee you'd make the $11 difference back when you sold the book. The SS books are much more valuable and saleable (as you can tell by the amount of books sold on these boards and the crazy prices we pay for them). Just my 2 pennies.

If Witnesses are submitting books for customers, they need to keep track of who the books belong to. I know that they all take precautions to ensure that the customers' names are kept with the books when they are signed and later submitted. Over the years we have continued to refine this process and learn from one another.

Most of the time the customer will receive a separate invoice for their books (and arrrangements can be made to have the books shipped directly to the customer from CGC) or the submitting Witness/Dealer will write the customer's name beside the book on the invoice so they know when the books are returned who they belong to (if the person or store allows for local pick-up).