• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Mainstream Character Storyline Ever and Why?

64 posts in this topic

Dark Knight Strikes Again was awful.

Am I the only one who enjoyed this series? Of course, I read this for the first time this year after hearing how damn terrible it was. I didn't have the years of enormous expectations from DKR, so the different expectations probably heavily influenced my opinion of the book. I found it to be over the top fun... which is definitely nothing like the first.

-Bob

You're not referring to the Jae Lee 12-part Inhumans mini, are you? That was an amazing mini series. I do recall an Inhumans series that made it like 3 or 4 issues. Odd pencils and little substance to the story.

Pat

No, not the Jae Lee book.

I think the new Ant-Man comics are in bad taste. Promotes lude acts of peeping-tom type stuff. No respect for fellow man. Dishonesty, theft, low life type, and this is suppost to be a hero. I can't believe Marvel allows this to be sold to the public. Its a image I wouldn't want any comic character to portray. Especially a hero. I was very disapointed when I read the first couple of issues. Stuck with it for a while becuse I thought it would improve. But it didn't so I quit reading um. Someone let me know if Henry Pym returns as Ant-Man. He's the only true Ant-Man hero.

I don't read many moderns, but:

Secret Wars 2 was really terrible in every way imaginable.

Brian Azzarello's Superman run was perhaps the biggest train wreck of top talent I can remember. It was boring and annoying and terrible all at once. All Star Batman may be terrible, but at least it's not boring.

I think the new Any-Man comics are in bad taste. Promotes lude acts of peeping-tom type stuff. No respect for fellow man. Dishonesty, theft, low life type, and this is suppost to be a hero. I can't believe Marvel allows this to be sold to the public. Its a image I wouldn't want any comic character to portray. Especially a hero. I was very disapointed when I read the first couple of issues. Stuck with it for a while becuse I thought it would improve. But it didn't so I quit reading um. Someone let me know if Henry Pym returns as Ant-Man. He's the only true Ant-Man hero.

paging Mr. Wertham. paging, Mr. Wertham.

I think the new Any-Man comics are in bad taste. Promotes lude acts of peeping-tom type stuff. No respect for fellow man. Dishonesty, theft, low life type, and this is suppost to be a hero. I can't believe Marvel allows this to be sold to the public. Its a image I wouldn't want any comic character to portray. Especially a hero. I was very disapointed when I read the first couple of issues. Stuck with it for a while becuse I thought it would improve. But it didn't so I quit reading um. Someone let me know if Henry Pym returns as Ant-Man. He's the only true Ant-Man hero.

paging Mr. Wertham. paging, Mr. Wertham.

the title was "the irredeemable Ant-Man"

and it was even cancelled as well

Brian Azzarello's Superman run was perhaps the biggest train wreck of top talent I can remember. It was boring and annoying and terrible all at once. All Star Batman may be terrible, but at least it's not boring.

Good call. Absolutely terrible. Did anyone ever figure out WTF was going on in that one? (shrug)

Just tried FF for the first time in ages, you know, new line up and all that. :P

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking! :makepoint::pullhair:

Guess who is not reading another issue of FF for awhile....... hm

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking!

Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore. doh!

Somehow, in space, Black Panther is not just able to jump on the Surfer's board and pin his arm behind his back, but he also says something like "I can snap your arm off". Come on! This this the Silver Surfer with the Power Cosmic"! He could have blasted T'Challa in a nano-second without blinking!

I read that story arc. I thought it was a joke or dream... I was like: Man that is lame. I should write into Marvel

"Until the Black Panther can jump on the Silver Surfer's board and pin his arms back make mine Marvel!

I read that story arc. I thought it was a joke or dream... I was like: Man that is lame. I should write into Marvel

"Until the Black Panther can jump on the Silver Surfer's board and pin his arms back make mine Marvel!

lol

When reading the letters pages of back issues, I always wonder if some of the writers are still reading Marvels or if they really meant their Make Mine Marvel comments. hm