• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Census Tim Holt 11

9 posts in this topic

So the top census copy of Tim Holt 11 (1st Ghost Rider) is a 7.5. I was wondering if anyone knew who had the copy and/or if it's ever come up for sale? Or, for that matter, if anyone had ever seen a copy of the book that was better than 7.5?

Thanks in advance all,

-Rob-

Congratulations! It's my fav book, but my copy isn't that spectacular. If you ever decide to sell, I'd like to request to be on the top of the list for it. And if you're ever at a Tornto convention and have extra baggage space, if nothing else I'd love to see it.

It's truly a tough book. I haven't encountered anything better than a VG. That's a beautiful copy.

This is why I love the boards. I might not have gotten to see this book (even virtually) otherwise. Exciting stuff. Thanks so much for posting it up. This really made my day.

It looks beautiful. What makes it only a 7.5?

Dennis

That's a good question. I was noticing the old label and thinking that perhaps it has a shot at 8.0 on a resubmit.

I don't know what makes the book special to FUELMAN, but I know for me it has alot to do with my rediscovering my love for comics. I gave up reading them very shortly after high school (11 years ago.) I got back into the hobby a couple of years ago (maybe 3 now) and since that time I've moved from my home (Texas) and to the great white north (Canada.) I started collecting again, partly out of being homesick. It took me until this year to find my collecting niche again. I'm trying to build a nice run of GA Ghost Riders because with the western theme, it really reminds me of back home. And I think my grandad would've LOVED the Tim Holt comics. (In fact he probably would've hated comics unless I showed him one of those.)

Ultimately, this being the first appearance of the western Rider, and in a western comic no-less... it REALLY reminds me of home. And I'm REALLY homesick. (And miss my grandparents alot all the sudden too.)

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a nice copy of this book. And the more I look the more I realize it's a tougher book than people realize. I think it's undervalued a good deal, honestly. Between the white of the cover, nature of the book (passed around alot), etc. this is definitely a book that has less HG copies floating around than people probably assume.

I love this book. And I'm totally thrilled about having seen the nicest copy I've seen so far.

-Rob-

Cool! (thumbs u

I enjoyed reading about your interest as there was more going on there than just find another book to fill a hole in the run. Was your grandfather a rancher or just someone who liked Westerns? Given a choice my Dad will always choose to watch a Western but he was a farmboy not a cowboy.

Good luck on the hunt. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Cool! (thumbs u

I enjoyed reading about your interest as there was more going on there than just find another book to fill a hole in the run. Was your grandfather a rancher or just someone who liked Westerns? Given a choice my Dad will always choose to watch a Western but he was a farmboy not a cowboy.

Good luck on the hunt. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Well, he died when I was pretty young, but I have alot of memories of him. My mom tells me on the phone we're very much alike which is both good and bad. (He led quite an adventurous life himself.) It's 99.9% good, I think.

He was a little bit of a farm boy, a bee keeper, and later a politician. I used to have a picture of him with a 50s western star from when he was a mayor in a town in Colorado. I've no clue where the picture is, but he was a big fan of the westerns.