• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on All Stars issues

50 posts in this topic

Gator,

Are you saying the AA #61 is hard to find v. AS #33? I think so but curious what your thoughts are. What about Solomon Grundy's other appearences? Thanks dude.

Both Bob and Rick are absolutely correct here! (thumbs u

Major dealers have always been offering healthy premiums or even multiples for HG copies of AA #61 for as long as I can remember. Needless to say, they have not had much luck so far.

Apparently, John Veryzl's Church copy of AA #61 is supposed to be an absolute killer copy and from what I heard, might even fall in the 9.8 range. :o:cloud9:

it is funny you mention the church copy...JV and a group of us were talking about it in chicago...he told us his MH AA 16 is a 9.4 or so, and I believe he said his 61 was just about perfect!

gator

Rick;

Did you get a chance to talk with John about the relative scarcity of this book?

Not sure if this book is actually that scarce as the CGC census shows a total of 19 slabbed copies so far either restored or unrestored. Maybe this book is just a keeper as Win's Windex Scarcity Index shows this to be one of only five books to have far fewer copies show up in the marketplace relative to the number of copies slabbed by CGC. hm

Gator,

Are you saying the AA #61 is hard to find v. AS #33? I think so but curious what your thoughts are. What about Solomon Grundy's other appearences? Thanks dude.

Major dealers have always been offering healthy premiums or even multiples for HG copies of AA #61 for as long as I can remember. Needless to say, they have not had much luck so far.

Apparently, John Veryzl's Church copy of AA #61 is supposed to be an absolute killer copy and from what I heard, might even fall in the 9.8 range. :o:cloud9:

it is funny you mention the church copy...JV and a group of us were talking about it in chicago...he told us his MH AA 16 is a 9.4 or so, and I believe he said his 61 was just about perfect!

gator

Rick;

Did you get a chance to talk with John about the relative scarcity of this book?

Not sure if this book is actually that scarce as the CGC census shows a total of 19 slabbed copies so far either restored or unrestored. Maybe this book is just a keeper as Win's Windex Scarcity Index shows this to be one of only five books to have far fewer copies show up in the marketplace relative to the number of copies slabbed by CGC. hm

we did talk about all the offers he had turned down...as much as $850K as recently as last year!...he also mentioned that at the right price, he would sell it!

gator

that high end of this crazy comics market simply amazes me -

me too, but I love to talk to verzyl, as you can tell he really loves comics too! and, he can remember books I bought from him back in the late 80's early 90's!

gator

Gator,

gator

Rick;

we did talk about all the offers he had turned down...as much as $850K as recently as last year!...he also mentioned that at the right price, he would sell it!

gator

Do be clear, Jon was referring to the AA 16 MH, at the 850K offer level.

gator

Do be clear, Jon was referring to the AA 16 MH, at the 850K offer level.

What's the highest price a comic has ever sold for?

best one i ever had was the Reilly AA 16 - if memory serves me correctly, it had the back coupon cut out - long time ago now, 1973 when it sold - but still such a cherry

Bob,

Do you recall the price you were asking?

best one i ever had was the Reilly AA 16 - if memory serves me correctly, it had the back coupon cut out - long time ago now, 1973 when it sold - but still such a cherry

The Larson copy of AA16 has a coupon cut out of its centerfold.

I sold one of the four CGC graded 5.5 copies of AA 16 for 30K early last year. As of now that is still the highest unrestored grade. As to BZ's question about the most ever paid for a comic...is the 350K sale of the Pay Copy Marvel 1 still tops?

I sold one of the four CGC graded 5.5 copies of AA 16 for 30K early last year. As of now that is still the highest unrestored grade. As to BZ's question about the most ever paid for a comic...is the 350K sale of the Pay Copy Marvel 1 still tops?

Seems to me it still is. When in doubt, I always check Rob Larsen Most Valuable Comic Book page -

$100,000 Club, The World's Most Valuable Comic Books

(thumbs u

:hi:

What I want to know is how many years will it take for the Pay Copy to once again sell for a sum even approaching $350k? Maybe if we can put it to bed for longer than two or three years... Hot potato comics are bad for business.

I'd much rather be the holder of the #2 book- $278k for an unrestored 8.0 Detective 27.

:hi:

What I want to know is how many years will it take for the Pay Copy to once again sell for a sum even approaching $350k? Maybe if we can put it to bed for longer than two or three years... Hot potato comics are bad for business.

I'd much rather be the holder of the #2 book- $278k for an unrestored 8.0 Detective 27.

(thumbs u

Bob,

Do you recall the price you were asking?

Here's when it last surfaced. It's a very pretty book.

DiamondGalcvr.jpg

Diamond15.jpg

wow, some of those prices are still insane for today's market!

restored tec 1 at $60K...woo hoo...makes 1koko's pick up a bargain!

gator

:o

:baiting: :baiting:

hm