• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading Sandman for the first time

13 posts in this topic

Just bought a complete run of Gaiman's Sandman cause I got it dirt cheap. Started reading last week and I'm already up to #31. This series freakin rocks. Best non superhero book ever. Period.

In about two years you'll re-read, and it will be as good as the first time...but then you won't hurry through the series because you want to get to the next book smile.gif

It is indeed a wonderful series... thumbsup2.gif

It is indeed a wonderful series... thumbsup2.gif

After I sold off my Valiants and basically got out of the New Comic Krap end of things, Sandman was the only reason I continued to enter a comic store. That and Hellblazer later on.....

i haven't read the whole run, i stopped around the mid 30's. but up until that point the "season of the mist" stroyline was my favourite. acclaim.gif did you also get the the one shot sandman issue "orpheous"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's right where I am! Just finished Seasons of Mist and the three Distant Mirrors issues that came out right after them. I did get the Orpheous special, but haven't looked to see when it came out (so I can read it in order of release). I also got a couple of random Vertigo Jam type books. I need to pick up the Death mini series again. That's the only Sandman I had read in the past and I remember enjoying it alot. My favorite part of the series so far is actually the first story arc. The first trip to Hell is great.

It is truly fabulous, but please note that the art gets REALLY REALLY bad in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. Jill Thompson was trying to do something, I don't know what, and it just didn't work. Although Sandman 50 remains, to this day, in the top-10 of best comics I've ever read. Tremendous Russell artwork.

Just bought a complete run of Gaiman's Sandman cause I got it dirt cheap. Started reading last week and I'm already up to #31. This series freakin rocks. Best non superhero book ever. Period.

Sandman #4 is my favorite,it was cool becuase it was actually had a begining,middle and ending all in one issue and it was excellent! Kevin

i haven't read the whole run, i stopped around the mid 30's. but up until that point the "season of the mist" stroyline was my favourite. acclaim.gif did you also get the the one shot sandman issue "orpheous"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pimpy,

You gotta be kidding!? I figured you had read them all since you've used many Sandman avatars and references. "Seasons of Mist" is one of the best arcs in comic history. Fantastic! Keep reading them! Donut is right, Sandman #50 is a truly great book. And, his lucky-@$$ has a page from it! 893whatthe.gif Enjoy it, Solar. One of the best series ever!

Chris