• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM DD#1

17 posts in this topic

Long time lurker, first time poster. Below is my DD 1. My thinking is that I might have it slabbed. I don't think it's worth it to have any resto done on it even though it has a tape repair on the BC that came off before I got it. While the BC makes it look like a spine roll, the book really lies flat. Maybe an old spine roll that was cured by storage, who knows?

I welcome your thoughts as I get back into the game after a few years out. If you're interested, here's a link to a bigger size of the FC

and the BC. Thanks in advance.

1141963291_02b7eb41fd_b.jpg

1141969961_2982b2acb6_b.jpg

this is a tough one...............

while retaining lots of nice color and being flat and intact, the creasing is substantial and spread around much of the front cover. i would have considered it in the 3.0ish range until one flips it over and sees the big water stain on the bottom.

i'm thinking a 2.0-2.5 that presents better................ hm

Thanks for the input. I agree that the back cover is what really hits this book. I'm thinking about a 2.0.

With that said, I think I'll skip slabbing this one.

I'm going to make a pledge not to leech on this board, submitting requests in the same frequency or less than my contributions. Pardon me while I try to feel my way around.

while retaining lots of nice color and being flat and intact, the creasing is substantial and spread around much of the front cover. i would have considered it in the 3.0ish range until one flips it over and sees the big water stain on the bottom.

Harry, Harry, Harry! Where are the missing pieces? Where are the tears? Where is the severe spine cracking? Where is the cover detached at one staple? In fact, where are the serious defects? Just about everyone has been too harsh on this book . . .

3.0 if it's a day :sumo:

:gossip: Yes, I see the tear at the BC; I see the small amount of tape residue; and I see the water stain, but golly bee-jezus guys :makepoint:

Harry, Harry, Harry! Where are the missing pieces? Where are the tears? Where is the severe spine cracking? Where is the cover detached at one staple? In fact, where are the serious defects? Just about everyone has been too harsh on this book . . .

3.0 if it's a day :sumo:

:gossip: Yes, I see the tear at the BC; I see the small amount of tape residue; and I see the water stain, but golly bee-jezus guys :makepoint:

You're my hero. :cloud9: