• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculator Risk

112 posts in this topic

Gee Bug, when have you ever stated anything remotely informative on the forums? All I see is you stalking myself and others, tossing insults like a crack-addled chimp, and having the nerve to call my posts repetiitive?

Grow a brain and read what you post.

And I think if there was a fecal dipstick, you would measure "full". thumbsup2.gif

And on the Haven't Got a Clue meter, you're off the scale.

Speak to what you know. People who have dealt/traded with me know I'm not BS'ing.

I'll explain my dipstick theory...

I don't think you're BSing.

I think a lot of what you say is true.

But if you say you have all these books and won't take the "time" to dig them out, have them graded, and sell them for 1000 times what they will sell for after your predicted "crash"...

I say you're full of [!@#%^&^].

Greggy is the legend here.

I'd think someone that sells a bunch of books now and sits on the cash, only to buy them back a year later for pennies on the dollar would be *more* than a legend...More like a God.

Or you sit back squalking that the sky is falling and ride it out like the rest of us "clueless" folk.

That would make you as clueless as the rest of us.

Man, to be as full of hot air as you are...Not to take your own advice?

= Full of [!@#%^&^]

And I think if there was a fecal dipstick, you would measure "full". thumbsup2.gif

And on the Haven't Got a Clue meter, you're off the scale.

Speak to what you know. People who have dealt/traded with me know I'm not BS'ing.

I'll explain my dipstick theory...

I don't think you're BSing.

I think a lot of what you say is true.

But if you say you have all these books and won't take the "time" to dig them out, have them graded, and sell them for 1000 times what they will sell for after your predicted "crash"...

I say you're full of [!@#%^&^].

Greggy is the legend here.

I'd think someone that sells a bunch of books now and sits on the cash, only to buy them back a year later for pennies on the dollar would be *more* than a legend...More like a God.

Or you sit back squalking that the sky is falling and ride it out like the rest of us "clueless" folk.

Man, to be as full of hot air as you are...Not to take your own advice?

= Full of [!@#%^&^]

shocked.gif

Gee Bug, when have you ever stated anything remotely informative on the forums? All I see is you stalking myself and others, tossing insults like a crack-addled chimp, and having the nerve to call my posts repetiitive?

Hold on - I am going to go to bat for Bug here and say that he is one of the best posters on the board, if not the best! He knows a lot more about comics than anyone gives him credit for and he keeps this place FUN

It's pretty BORING to hear you just keep saying the same thing over and over. . . .

DAM

How can anyone not stalk you, Joe? It's impossible not to. You're in nearly every comic forum......saying the same things over and over like some person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point that has to wear a football helmet 24 hours a day.

We get it. You say the market is getting ready to crash. You don't agree with CGC's stance on the qualified labels........you're not a CGC fan......blah......blah.....blah.......adinfinitum.

Do you not even realize how you sound when you do this in nearly every one of your posts all over the forum? It's like you feel compelled to keep repeating the same things over and over like it's going to force us to agree with you.

Nope, my total investment in comics is quite low. I tend to buy a cycles where demand is lowest, have a large collection purchased from the 70's on, and literally have no financial stake in comics or debt in the real-world. When I want to buy something, I sell something else, and hopefully come out alright on the deal. Otherwise, I just sit on the books and add some new ones here and there.

The people I worry about are those who may be getting in over their heads, by purchasing CGC comics at nose-bleed price levels, and as a result may not be able to withstand a potential downturn.

You may see me as talking out of both sides of my mouth, but I'm not in the least bit susceptible or at risk if comics lose 90% of their value tomorrow. Others are, and this time, the bust will be personal. 27_laughing.gif

Nope, my total investment in comics is quite low. I tend to buy a cycles where demand is lowest,

Yeah. No demand on Byrne X books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

have a large collection purchased from the 70's on, and literally have no financial stake in comics or debt in the real-world. When I want to buy something, I sell something else, and hopefully come out alright on the deal. Otherwise, I just sit on the books and add some new ones here and there.

Sounds like what just about everyone else does.

Your genius is starting to shine.

Let me get my shades. cool.gif

The people I worry about are those who may be getting in over their heads, by purchasing CGC comics at nose-bleed price levels, and as a result may not be able to withstand a potential downturn.

I think they heard you.

About 3100 posts worth of it. insane.gif

You may see me as talking out of both sides of my mouth, but I'm not in the least bit susceptible or at risk if comics lose 90% of their value tomorrow. Others are, and this time, the bust will be personal. 27_laughing.gif

Good for you.

Now pull the stick out of your [!@#%^&^] and enjoy life. gossip.gif

Sounds like what just about everyone else does.

Your genius is starting to shine.

Let me get my shades. cool.gif

Looking at the average North American's current debt load, I'm not so sure.

Yeah. It comes from bailing out countries that can't fight wars.

Canada's what... 0 for how many now?

If I didn't collect comics.......I'd sell every last one of them today.

Think of it this way...

If the market crashes tomorrow... CHEAP COMICS FOR ME!!!!

Yeah, but if you sell all your books before the market crashes.......you could buy 10 times as many after it does.

This is somewhat my case right now although not 100 percent!I still have a few nice books but they are paid for.I dont owe houses on them and my credit card debt is under control with sales of my comics.If the Market does crash I will be somewhat disappointed as I feel that it is more stable at this point!I respect what Joe Collector is saying here as it is all true.But with that in mind I have a full time add going to buy comic books and have accumulated things that were probably out of my reach 2 years ago.I really like the position I am in!

Ill be a little more SELL savy when they stop making the movies of X Men Spiderman!That you can bet on!

Davidking623

Now I'm not saying we can fight... as a country, we're basically a 98 pd weakling... but what exactly have you bailed us out of? We're too busy sitting on the fence to ever start any trouble! confused-smiley-013.gif

Looking at the average North American's current debt load, I'm not so sure.

Huh? How does a war make a guy with a $25K salary buy a Lexus, mortgage a 500K house, and rack his CCs to the limit?

Hold on - I am going to go to bat for Bug here and say that he is one of the best posters on the board, if not the best! He knows a lot more about comics than anyone gives him credit for and he keeps this place FUN

It's pretty BORING to hear you just keep saying the same thing over and over. . . .

DAM

Truth be told here I just am able to barely type this as I was to busy L(ing)MAO

Bugaboo is great as one of the posters on this board and he cracks me up!

Joe Collector is also Great as he makes it all so very interesting!

Davidking623

Huh? How does a war make a guy with a $25K salary buy a Lexus, mortgage a 500K house, and rack his CCs to the limit?

That's a wall of stupidity that even you can't [!@#%^&^] through.

Nice topic diversion. 893naughty-thumb.gif

.....but I just don't understand how you can always, always, always be talking about this CONSTANTLY!! It seems like you are a two trick pony - either the sky is falling or the ethics of everyone on this board are horrible beyond measure. All this negativity is really starting to wear me down.

To quote from the original "Terminator" movie:

"THAT'S WHAT HE DOES ! ! ............THAT'S ALL HE DOES ! ! .............AND HE WILL NOT STOP...........EVER.........UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD ! ! !"

Ladies and Gentlemennnnn.........Preeeee-senting........Joe_collector........The person_without_enough_empathyinator.

LMAO

Davidking623

P.S.No disrespect Joe Collector! Its just so damn funny!

That's a wall of stupidity that even you can't [!@#%^&^] through.

Nice topic diversion. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Man, I love when people stick their necks out real far. Makes it easier for the noose.

Reading comprehension Part 1:

"Looking at the average North American's current debt load..."

"...average North American's current debt load..."

"...average NORTH AMERICAN'S current debt load..."

Sinking in yet?