• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your breaking point on the price of Moderns

112 posts in this topic

i buy about 35 moderns a month. with a 30-35% off cover.so on a 3 dollar comic i pay like 2 bucks. i buy what i like and don't worry if the book will be worth money in the long run.

i read comics, not invest in comics.

Everything goes up over time, so I have no breaking point

even on moderns???

hm

Some moderns that were created 15 years ago

you can't even get cover price for them.

:P

You should actually say most moderns. Very little from 15 years ago will ever be good. Stuff from 7 - 10 years ago should be very good over time due to low print runs.

I have just quit buying new comics with the exception of Am Spider-man, Ultimate Spider-man, and stuff like Justice and Civil War. Lots of bad stuff out. I still like to read comics, and probably will continue, but the prices are ridiculous. It is all caused by greed, and the insane need to put Michael Turner and Jim Lee covers on everything. I also don't like reading books in trade form, so I am probably so far off the charts that Marvel and DC could care less about someone like me.

Everything goes up over time, so I have no breaking point

even on moderns???

hm

Some moderns that were created 15 years ago

you can't even get cover price for them.

:P

You should actually say most moderns. Very little from 15 years ago will ever be good. Stuff from 7 - 10 years ago should be very good over time due to low print runs.

I have just quit buying new comics with the exception of Am Spider-man, Ultimate Spider-man, and stuff like Justice and Civil War. Lots of bad stuff out. I still like to read comics, and probably will continue, but the prices are ridiculous. It is all caused by greed, and the insane need to put Michael Turner and Jim Lee covers on everything. I also don't like reading books in trade form, so I am probably so far off the charts that Marvel and DC could care less about someone like me.

i'm waiting for the books from 7-10 years ago to increase in value!

My kids found it on the internet, they swear it is reall dont know how that could be. They showed me a specific site that showed a lot of freaky big guys and girls. I will try to remember to post that info tonight if you want to check it out. Looks like the guys has a serious case of roid rage!!

Ditto, Milk has gone up but I still buy it :insane:

If milk was $30+ a gallon, then you might have a point.

As has been outlined here many times, NOTHING (with the possible exception of coffee) has increased in price more over the last few decades, than comics.

It's insane, and it keeps getting worse.

A gallon of milk was 1.99 when I was 10? years old, it is now somewhere between 3.99 and 4.99 a gallon. :shrug:

Thats a 2-3 dollar difference in 11 years

I see you failed math in school. doh!

I dont get what you are trying to say (shrug)