• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your breaking point on the price of Moderns

112 posts in this topic

Also, according to the price index, a gallon of milk in 1996 cost:

Cost of a gallon of Milk: $3.30

And I already did the math - from the 70's til now, milk would need to be priced at over $30 a gallon to compare to what comic prices have done.

I am almost positive I went to buy milk for my mother and it was 1.99.... guess it was a sale (shrug)

I am almost positive I went to buy milk for my mother and it was 1.99.... (shrug)

Yeah, but those food stamps lower the price.

I don't really have a problem with most of my moderns at $2.95. Weren't Valiants around $2.25 13 years ago? I really don't buy any superhero books these days, but it's not because of the price, it's because they don't really appeal to me any more.

I really don't any superhero books these days, but it's not because of the price, it's because they don't really appeal to me any more.

It's the same way for me - it's not just expensive, but I outgrew most comics years ago, and other than the odd Alan Moore epic, I can't get the same level of story I can get from books.

I am almost positive I went to buy milk for my mother and it was 1.99.... (shrug)

meh

My parents make a good living (thumbs u

meh

Sure they do, $1.99-MilkBoy. lol

meh

Sure they do, $1.99-MilkBoy. lol

doh! Why cant you have a serious conversation without critism and ludicrous remarks ??

I really don't any superhero books these days, but it's not because of the price, it's because they don't really appeal to me any more.

It's the same way for me - it's not just expensive, but I outgrew most comics years ago, and other than the odd Alan Moore epic, I can't get the same level of story I can get from books.

read brit

I don't promote buying a $100 worth of moderns every month, but who can't afford $25 a month?

:hi:

(I just got back from picking up food checks from the WIC office, and put in the paperwork for other programs at the social services office across the hall....darn triplets are cramping my comic book reading...)

I don't promote buying a $100 worth of moderns every month, but who can't afford $25 a month?

(I just got back from picking up food checks from the WIC office, and put in the paperwork for other programs at the social services office across the hall....darn triplets are cramping my comic book reading...)

Triplets! Good grief! I've got one on the way and I'm thinking about dropping all my titles just as soon as I complete the current arcs.

Actually, the first thing I asked the doctor when we went in for 1st sono was, "It's only one, right?". :)

I am almost positive I went to buy milk for my mother and it was 1.99.... guess it was a sale (shrug)

Milk prices fluctuate during the year. Also, 1996 was a peak year for milk prices due to a decline in milk production.

The average price of milk in Utah peaked at $15.60 per cwt. in September of 1996. This high was followed by a bottom of $11.20 per cwt in July 1997. This change of more than $4.00 per cwt. in 10 months was the largest change in milk prices within a year that I have found in the historic data for Utah. ( http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/newsletter/pub__5379463.htm)

So your $1.99 memory was probably correct.

Triplets! Good grief! I've got one on the way and I'm thinking about dropping all my titles just as soon as I complete the current arcs.

Actually, the first thing I asked the doctor when we went in for 1st sono was, "It's only one, right?". :)

Yeah, the worst part of it is taking care of them is like a full time job for *both* my wife and I. Hopefully I can go back to teaching in the Spring, but until then, we're just draining what's left in our savings account. So yeah, no comics for me :(

(oh, and my first comment was "It's only the three, right?" Three I can sort of imagine dealing with - we're treading water, but are all fine - 4 or more, my god!)

Milk prices fluctuate during the year. Also, 1996 was a peak year for milk prices due to a decline in milk production.

The average price of milk in Utah peaked at $15.60 per cwt. in September of 1996. This high was followed by a bottom of $11.20 per cwt in July 1997. This change of more than $4.00 per cwt. in 10 months was the largest change in milk prices within a year that I have found in the historic data for Utah. ( http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/newsletter/pub__5379463.htm)

So your $1.99 memory was probably correct.

:cloud9: Thanks Shin

Yeah, the worst part of it is taking care of them is like a full time job for *both* my wife and I. Hopefully I can go back to teaching in the Spring, but until then, we're just draining what's left in our savings account. So yeah, no comics for me :(

Much respek! Aiiight!

9-classday1-225.jpg

I dont know if the price has increased as much as content has decreased. A modern takes me literally 8-10 minutes tops to read, as opposed to a bronze copper even early modern which takes me doubl or more that time. So I READ VERY LITTLE MODERN THESE DAYS as i feel like Im being ripped off. 2c