• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I go wrong paying 1.5x guide for a 9.2 key?

41 posts in this topic

I am looking pretty hard into snagging a copy of ASM #14 with off white to white pages CGC 9.2 (with no comments)...can I go wrong at 1.5x guide or $4200. Like I mentioned before I am just getting back into things and don't have any records of any recent sales. Overstreet wrote that 1 sold for $8500 (maybe a Heritage Auction?) and another 9.2 sold for 4k. What do you think? Thanks.

Jim

And the PQ (page quality)? wink.gif

Edit: I see you said off-white to white. tonofbricks.gif

Make sure you see a large scan of the book (Front/Back).

If it's been slabbed for years it could have been dropped or damaged in some way.

Labels do not tell all... smirk.gif

I am looking pretty hard into snagging a copy of ASM #14 with off white to white pages CGC 9.2 (with no comments)...can I go wrong at 1.5x guide or $4200. Like I mentioned before I am just getting back into things and don't have any records of any recent sales. Overstreet wrote that 1 sold for $8500 (maybe a Heritage Auction?) and another 9.2 sold for 4k. What do you think? Thanks.

Jim

you can't go wrong...you should pick it up,buy it while the economy still sucks. thumbsup2.gif

Current spread is about $3,050 - $3900

Average being $3560.

Last sale $3680.

Hey Dice, is this public info? And if it is, where can I look at it? Thanks.

Some people keep their own databases, but many people here use the service from gpanalysis.com. I do and I can't say enough good things about it.

Current spread is about $3,050 - $3900

Average being $3560.

Last sale $3680.

Hey Dice, is this public info? And if it is, where can I look at it? Thanks.

Some people keep their own databases, but many people here use the service from gpanalysis.com. I do and I can't say enough good things about it.

How much does this cost you? Which plan do you have or reccommend?

GP pays for itself if you buy just one higher price CGC book in a quarter, and you trim your bid/price down $20 because you are better informed.

Yes, you have access to all the data. The difference is in the type of searches you are able to do. With the Collector package you can search only on single titles at one time. With the other packages you can search for multiple titles at once and keep watch lists, things like that.

youre right. Thats a serious limitation. But how could they ever hope to surmount that? Seems that would just take too much cooperation from the dealers to them (the dealers) to bother with, having enough to do already, not to mention open the door to accusation sthat the quoted prices were not exactly accurate, as with Overstreet Guides.

I have sold AS #14 9.2's for $4200 and $5000 (White pages).

Bob

hey that's great....all i am saying is that if I were looking for a 9.2 I would not pay more than $3500 for it. Would I find one for that? I don't know but often at shows, etc it is hard to pass up the $$ if is in front of the seller. Of course it depends on how much the seller is into the book for and if he/she wants to make a few $, alot of $ or God forbid take a loss......but I only know of a few guys who like to take losses when they sell books. hi.gif