• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star # 40 on ComicConnect- qualified grade?

8 posts in this topic

ComicConnect.com has a nice looking copy of All Star # 40 which lists as :

FN++ : 6.75

white pgs! interior coupon clipped (does not effect story).

It is a nice looking copy from the scan, but my understanding from the Grading Guide is that coupon cuts are only permitted in fair copies. I guess CGC would grade it with the Qualified sticker. Anyone have thoughts as how to properly grade and value this?

Thanks!

Well, it looks nicer than the 7.0 Rockford copy on the same site. I agree that CGC would assign it the qualified label. As for actual grade, wouldn't it be nice if CGC would assign one of those, too, in a case like this?

Fair seems pretty harsh, considering it's an interior coupon that's been cut, and that it doesn't affect any story pages. I bet if this book was listed on eBay, it would sell in the area of $250.

I guess a qualified grade would be appropriate....as to value, it is worth what you are willing to pay, but I suspect if it presents very nicely, pay g/vg price

rick