• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Ghost - Art you can't find that you want

115 posts in this topic

Since the cover to #1 will forever be out of reach, I'd love to find my 2nd favorite cover (issue #10 wraparound cover):

10cover.jpg

This is my favorite issue (besides #1) hands down of the entire series, and within this book, I would LOVE to find my favorite page ever: the TRIPLE PAGE SPLASH (and yes, you had to pull the page out to see the entiretly of the art!) featuring the dramatic return of the Shredder.

Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely, as I believe Peter Laird still has it. Considering that only 4 covers have surfaced from the early years- 1, 3, 5, 11 (which I have)- its seems that only covers that Kevin owned(s) have come out, which seem to be odd numbered issues. However, I know that alot of the art was given away to friends so hopefully this cover and art was one of them and will be put for sale one day! :wishluck:

I'm trying to find pages from the epic battle between the Thing and Dr. Doom from FF 40. I have three consecutive pages from that battle. Here are the pages I'd like to find and put together to have the full battle sequence:

ff40page15a.jpg

Congrats on finding one of your "ghosts"! :applause:

Hands-down, my #1 ghost is the cover to TARZAN #258 from DC. The cover is credited to Alfredo Alcala, although it could have been done by an associate at his studio in the Philippines. The interior is a reprint of TARZAN #216 by Joe Kubert. Would love one of those pages as well.

In the past 12 months, I've acquired two ghosts so I've probably used up my collecting karma for now. Both highlights in my collecting that I don't expect to match anytime soon. Best of luck to you guys in your quests.

I'm trying to find pages from the epic battle between the Thing and Dr. Doom from FF 40. I have three consecutive pages from that battle. Here are the pages I'd like to find and put together to have the full battle sequence:

ff40page15a.jpg

Congrats on finding one of your "ghosts"! :applause:

Thanks Felix -- I guess I better update my GHOST LIST!

1 down, 3 to go.... :wishluck:

Carl Barks cover to Uncle Scrooge 39 from the Bruce Hamilton estate. I was the underbidder when it sold at Heritage in 2006 but bought the cover to WDC&S 96 instead (couldn't afford both at the time). I'd very much like to buy the US 39 cover as well and would love to hear from the current owner.

This started as such an interesting topic, but some people are listing pieces that if you went to CAF and typed them in, they would show up... or they are pieces that I have seen on dealers sites in the last 5 years, or they are pieces that most people know the artist has held on to (Sam Kieth The Maxx). Those aren't GHOSTS. They are just unattainable. To me, Ghosts are pieces that should be easy enough to find and even reasonably (relatively) priced. Though I guess if YOU don't know where it is, it's a GHOST. I found out one of my Ghosts was on ebay in the last 5 years, but I never saw it and haven't since (those are the one's that hurt the most). I guess my current "ghosts" unless some of you can tell me that these are out there are:

Gary Frank Supergirl #1 (The guy on CAF who has EVERY Supergirl cover from that series only has one of the Frank one's)

Chaykin Suicide Squad #1 cover

Spider-Ham One shot cover from the 80's (I can barely even find anything on the artist.)

There are others, but those are the main one's. Been looking and asking for years. Would love for someone to put me out of my misery and tell me they are "locked up" in some collection.

The only page from Iron Man 149/150 with Doom in it I know of is in possession of Will Gabri-ell and he's not selling.

Trouble is he's looking for all the other pages as well, so even if one does come to the open market and he doesn't get to it first, I have no chance of outbidding him :tonofbricks:

The one I keep coming back to is the cover to Alpha Flight #12, for some reason.  Doubt I could afford it at this point, but I'd love to see it.  Was a huge influence on me as a kid.  

Curious how many of these pieces have been found over the last ten years...!

Also - i swear I've seen a much longer thread dedicated to searching for "lost" pages, but I cannot find it!  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_12.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2007 at 3:27 PM, spider9698 said:

My very first piece of original art that I owned. Sold it to pay for school and have regretted it ever since (and have had no leads to its whereabouts)

DKR1stpage.jpg

:whatthe::oO.o

3 hours ago, Flambit said:

Also - i swear I've seen a much longer thread dedicated to searching for "lost" pages, but I cannot find it!  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sure (but yeah, for some reason the search engine made it really hard to find it):

15 minutes ago, rotembk said:

Sure (but yeah, for some reason the search engine made it really hard to find it):

That's it, yes, thank you!  Yes, I seem to have a lot of problems getting the search engine to find anything.  "Post Your Ghost" kept pulling up Ghost Rider threads.  

Shame Post Your Ghost didn't catch on - it's a really catchy thread title!