• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Torpedo Comics | Coming November 2007

45 posts in this topic

i agree. i bought quite a few books from him. and he's the nicest seller i've ever met. knowledgable too. i can't wait for his site to open either

Wait but John wasn't working his own booth was he? I mean there had to be somebody working it for him, or else people would constantly be asking him for autographs.

i agree. i bought quite a few books from him. and he's the nicest seller i've ever met. knowledgable too. i can't wait for his site to open either

When he would set-up at the local con, he would make fun of people walking by with his buddies.

When he would set-up at the local con, he would make fun of people walking by with his buddies.

:signfunny: Weirdo's in gay costumes

no, just regular collectors, not in costume.

:signfunny: Weirdo's in gay costumes

no, just regular collectors, not in costume.

Sounds like something he would do. He is the MAN.

I remember setting up next to him (behind him really) at the 2003 Pasadena Creation Con. That was the convention that Lana Clarkson was at before she died at Phil Spector's house. That was also the weekend the Space Shuttle exploded.

A friend and I drove all the way down to Pasadena for a con that really had no attendance. They separated the dealers from the events by a long hallway. I think they were debuting Daredevil back then and there was a special screening.

He was really small then (probably just starting out) and I stole the idea of using the wire shelves from Home Depot to build a display rack from him. (He used his dolly as a support and a chair as his other support.)

Just an FYI link here for those who, like me, had no idea who was being discussed. Nutshell: System of a Down drummer starts comic shop on the internets. zzz

you explanation is wrong btw.

how? Should it be "plans to start comic shop on the internets" ?

What is his comic focus? I mean is he like a Metropolis where he has all kinds of books from different Era's, or more like Pedigree where he just focuses on CGC Silver age? Are most of his books raw or CGC? I figure since he is making millions with SOAD he has got to have some truly remarkable stuff.

Just an FYI link here for those who, like me, had no idea who was being discussed. Nutshell: System of a Down drummer starts comic shop on the internets. zzz

you explanation is wrong btw.

how? Should it be "plans to start comic shop on the internets" ?

yes.

He was collecting, then selling his comics without an internet site. He is just now supposed to be unveiling a new method of selling comics with Torpedo comics, on only one internet.

What is his comic focus? I mean is he like a Metropolis where he has all kinds of books from different Era's, or more like Pedigree where he just focuses on CGC Silver age? Are most of his books raw or CGC? I figure since he is making millions with SOAD he has got to have some truly remarkable stuff.
He sells all ages of books. I have no idea what his personal collections consists of, although I think he might have Golden Age books based upon his access to funds. Most of his stuff is raw, but he does have some slabbed books.

He sells all ages of books. I have no idea what his personal collections consists of, although I think he might have Golden Age books based upon his access to funds. Most of his stuff is raw, but he does have some slabbed books.

Thanks for the info deathlok (thumbs u (thumbs u