• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman or Detective Comics

111 posts in this topic

Collect Brave & Bold.

Really though, if you want to complete the run, it's a lot cheaper to complete a Batman run. It started later than detective, it was quarterly for awhile, then bi-monthly until I think 1955.

There is only one issue that would be a financial obstacle to a serious collector and that would be Batman #1, but you can get low grade copies of this for $5k.

But to finish a complete run of Detective?

You better have some serious cash available and be able to convince owners to part with their cherished copies of Detective #1-30, which are much more scarce than any Batman issues out there.

And while we are on the subject, buy some of my ebay Batman comics.

a_2022.jpg

a_2014.jpg

a_2005.jpg

a_2024.jpg

a_2030.jpg

a_2035.jpg

I am getting close to finishing my X-men and I am looking to focus on something different. I have always liked Batman, but I can't decide between the Batman or Detective title. Any opinions?

Both and Neither have already been exhausted as answers. Thank you.

Just stay the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? away from Green Lantern :sumo:

:gossip: Tec

I am getting close to finishing my X-men and I am looking to focus on something different. I have always liked Batman, but I can't decide between the Batman or Detective title. Any opinions?

No problem. :P

:signfunny:

:cloud9:

:signfunny:
stfu dink :busy:

:o Say it aint so! Finally giving up I see. :devil::kidaround: Seriously, why are you interested in changing directions? If you want a challenge, why no go after a HG run of ASM? Why DC? Just curious. hm

I say go with detective...but i am kind of biased

gator

:o Say it aint so! Finally giving up I see. :devil::kidaround: Seriously, why are you interested in changing directions? If you want a challenge, why no go after a HG run of ASM? Why DC? Just curious. hm

I cant speak for Doc, but for me, the reason i switched to DC was several:

1-I love the covers. Maybe because I havent seen them as much and therefore there is some sense of wonderment when I see a cool cover, usually for the first time

2-DCs in HG are much harder to find than there Marvel counterparts. So its more of a hunt to find the books. To me, the hunt is as much fun as actually buying one.

2-DCs in HG are much harder to find than there Marvel counterparts. So its more of a hunt to find the books. To me, the hunt is as much fun as actually buying one.

a beautiful statment!

gator