• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 18 cgc 9.4 QUALIFIED

28 posts in this topic

what would you all rather have......a book with slight color touch, or a book with a married cover?

I'd like a married cover with color touch that's been pressed, undisclosed of course. (thumbs u

:makepoint:

I'd marry it. :luhv:

nope, it sounds like you just want to fornicate with it -

you heathen!!

:grin:

That would be pre-marital sex. I don't want to burn in hell. :foryou:

I'd marry it. :luhv:

nope, it sounds like you just want to fornicate with it -

you heathen!!

:grin:

That would be pre-marital sex. I don't want to burn in hell. :foryou:

yeah, I guess you're right

the paper cuts would burn enough.

:P

so how does one actually detect this?

Sometime later, they were hand-trimmed and stapled (married) to interiors.

Wouldn't the trimming be noted on the label? Also, doesn't the book need to be taken entirely apart to get the cover on the book? hm

Well, all books are trimmed. The Marvel file copy covers are exceptional (and differ from books with trimming "restoration") in that they were never trimmed to size by the production machines, but rather stored as folded oversized covers and later hand-trimmed to regular size. In other words, these file copies are not missing anything that was part of the book post-production, distinguishing them from trimmed "restored" books.

And yes, the interior presumably needs to have staples removed, then reattached through the cover, although I've got one book with a file copy cover (Strange Tales 108) that was simply stapled onto a normal interior (thus, a book with two sets of staples, only one of which goes through the cover).

In most case the color proofs are the closest we have to what the comics originally looked like. The difference between the proofs and the copies we see today (even the best pedigrees) is significant and always makes me reflect on how cool it must have been to be a kid staring at a newstand of comics looking that nice. :cloud9: