• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my ex-Wow #9

14 posts in this topic

This is a comic that I sold about 6 months back and I just found out that it has since been graded. I'm wondering what you guys would grade it. I put it around 3.5 - 4.0. No hidden defects and no resto.

4.5 :shy:

CGC was not the grading company. The company in question gave it an extremely generous 5.0. It's actually up on ComicConnect right now. I was a little surprised when I saw it at that grade.

It wouldn't be the first time the company in question was generous with a GA grade. I would have gone 4.0 as even with the spine issues, as it is a clean looking book. 4.5 would have been in line with what I've seen some major dealers grade raw books, but 5.0 is pushing it.

What I like about buying books in the 4.0 - 6.0 range is a difference of opinion up or down 1.0 doesn't have a big impact on price (percentage-wise), whereas in lower or higher grade books it matters more. ( and above 8.0 it gets ridiculous)