• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: Next run question

My Next Run  

105 members have voted

1. 1. My Next Run

29 posts in this topic

I voted for the Spideys...no surprise. :)

Because you need to read the end of the Master Planner saga, if nothing else!

I prefer the Ditko issues to the Romita ones overall, but the #39-#60 run has a TON of terrific covers and plenty of classic stories (Goblin unmasks Spidey, 1st MJ, 1st Kingpin, etc). Can't go wrong with these. (thumbs u

And by the by...I'll be putting a ton of silver Spideys on ebay over the weekend...all 12 cents each, no reserve.

Good way to test the water! :banana:

The issues beginning with the introduction of the Inhumans (mid 40s onward) are what most view as the classic issues of the run (thumbs u

I'm not sure I'd agree with that...there are some pretty weighty books before the 40s! But I agree that collecting the run from the first Inhumans (45) through the Galactus/Surfer storyline (48-50) through the Dr. Doom/Surfer classics (57-60) would be an excellent run to get. Those are the issues I started with way back when, then I started working backwards...

Hard to argue. These are terrific books as well; another of the best Marvel runs of the 60s. (thumbs u

I prefer the Ditko issues to the Romita ones overall, but the #39-#60 run has a TON of terrific covers and plenty of classic stories (Goblin unmasks Spidey, 1st MJ, 1st Kingpin, etc). Can't go wrong with these. (thumbs u

And by the by...I'll be putting a ton of silver Spideys on ebay over the weekend...all 12 cents each, no reserve.

:popcorn:

I picked the TTA's, those split books capture a lot of the spirit of the Silver Age. :cloud9: . Although coming to think about it, it didn't become a split book till # 60 hm , oh well... still cool.

I voted for the Spidey run. In addition to some great stories, there's some noteable villain debuts as well as arguably the best covers the series ever saw. And hey, who doesn't want to own a Spidey 42. That last panel is legendary.

:popcorn:

Right this way... :shy: