• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant Size Avengers #1

15 posts in this topic

I just got this from Metropolis 2 days ago. I'll add the others as I go but I thought it would be interesting to see how most of you graded vs. Metropolis. And, let me add, I'm not unhappy as most were discounted and I knew not all would be as stated on the website. But the pricing was fine and actually closer to the grade/value on most.

I'll chime in later to let you know what Metropolis considered this one.

gsav1.jpg[/img]

gsav1b.jpg[/img]

8.5 is my grade

They may have listed it at 9.2, i just got a justice league from them that they called a 7.0 and i do think it`s 6.5/7.0 so they are`nt that bad, but a nice giant-size like that one i think the temptation to call it a near-mint would be too much for them.

I was thinking a 9.0 but then again, I go easier on the spine issues with Giant-Size & 100 Pagers. (I'm not saying that's right, mind you. lol )

BTW, Metropolis said it was a 9.2. But, then again, I only paid $43 for it which put it just under what OSPG says a 9.0 is. I guess I over-paid a bit.

Maybe but the guide I think is low on the giants. As you mentioned the spines are extremely difficult to find in decent shape on these as well as the DC issues. I would be happy with the price paid if I were you (shrug)