• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW X-MEN #146 SPOILER! SHOCKER! I can not believe this!!!!!

24 posts in this topic

I can not believe it!!!!! YOU HAvE TO READ THIS COMIC!

Now this is a spoiler and do not read this unless you want to be spoiled......

Xorn is MAgneto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLY [!@#%^&^] it shocked the hell out of me! YOU MUST READ THIS ISSUE!!!!!

Just thought he could read about other's reactions if he didn't see the other thread before, which is obvious that he didn't, otherwise, why would someone post about the same topic more than once insane.gif ..Xorn hater 893naughty-thumb.gif

So How bout them crazy prices on Hulk 181? And are you still buying my Hulk books or should I just find another Canadian to sell them too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just thought he could read about other's reactions if he didn't see the other thread before, which is obvious that he didn't, otherwise, why would someone post about the same topic more than once insane.gif ..Xorn hater 893naughty-thumb.gif

So How bout them crazy prices on Hulk 181? And are you still buying my Hulk books or should I just find another Canadian to sell them too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, Darth...I was actually wondering why Xorn actually being Magneto is such a big deal. The way everyone's talking about this issue, you'd think it was something along the lines of Professor X actually being Jean Grey's father or the 1st 145 issues of this comic actually being an alternate reality kinda thing. Or, maybe Wolverine actually being Captain America's father?

What am I missing here? (It's gotta be something and no, I have not as yet read the comic.)

As far as your Hulks go, I do need 29 -33 to finish the run I have. If you've got them all, I'd be interested at the right price. Just don't want to get a few here and a few there. Let me know, and thanks for asking. grin.gif

Magneto died when they nuked Genosha back in X-Men (before it was called New x-Men) 112? I think. As far as events go, umm yeah, it's big enough of a deal. It was a shocker to say the least, but one was beginning to wonder when the Marvel resurrection crew would bring Maggie back. They killed him off and brought h8im back in the Ultimate Universe already...it was just betting on when they would do it for the regular Marvel universe.

5 books or 3 books - what's the difference? You are still filling in our Hulk run. And who else has even offered around here? That is one gaping hole, which you may want to attend to while the books are available 893naughty-thumb.gif

Magneto died when they nuked Genosha back in X-Men (before it was called New x-Men) 112? I think. As far as events go, umm yeah, it's big enough of a deal. It was a shocker to say the least, but one was beginning to wonder when the Marvel resurrection crew would bring Maggie back. They killed him off and brought h8im back in the Ultimate Universe already...it was just betting on when they would do it for the regular Marvel universe.

Shows you how far out of the loop I am - I thought that they killed Magneto in X-Men #3 back in '91 with Claremont and Lee! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Magneto died when they nuked Genosha back in X-Men (before it was called New x-Men) 112? I think.

I never believed this for one moment. Still waiting for the return of Colossus too.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and we'll relize that this whole "cure" for the Legacy Virus was actually a ploy by the Dark Beast to them into Morlocks

shocked.gif

I never believed this for one moment. Still waiting for the return of Colossus too.......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Of course...this is one reason why comic books will never get much respect from the general public. They don't respect their readers and constantly kill off characters in dramatic fashion, only to have them return later.

5 books or 3 books - what's the difference? You are still filling in our Hulk run. And who else has even offered around here? That is one gaping hole, which you may want to attend to while the books are available 893naughty-thumb.gif

I read too many comic books. Didn't even know Magneto was still dead. I know he died, but I thought he had already come back to life. Anyway...

Your right on the Hulks. Please PM me and let me know which ones you have again, and what you'd like for them. I'll let you know one way or the other if it's a go or not. And thanks for the reminder I should think about getting these as they come available.

I already know its Magneto because I clicked on the wrong XM 146 (this) thread BUT I just went and bought 142-146 to read. How far back do I need to go to get anythingout of this storyline... or is it all for nothing because I know who he is?

Also...where/when did Xorn show up. I never heard of him?

Bruce,

Xorn 1st appeared in the New X-men 2001 annual. It was one of the funky "Marvel Widescreen Edition" books with the staples & spine at the "top", like Liberty Meadows. Grant Morrison story, Leinil Yu art; pretty good stuff.

-Paul

Well its a bit of a big deal since Magneto was a good guy when he was wiped out in Genosha and now he is apparently more vicious than he has been since Uncanny #150.

I don't know. Looks like just a dead guy coming back to life kinda thing that marvel does and has done quite often. I knew that Magneto was too major a character to stay dead, so this is no real surprise.

Sorry, guys.

Not impressed.

And I can't be the only one.

I don't know. Looks like just a dead guy coming back to life kinda thing that marvel does and has done quite often. I knew that Magneto was too major a character to stay dead, so this is no real surprise.

Sorry, guys.

Not impressed.

And I can't be the only one.

The real surprise was not Magneto coming back, most Marvel readers had expected this to happen someday, but the way it was handled...

Having magneto living in the mansion as another character for nearly 18 months (real time not Marvel time), growing fond of this character, seeing him teach new mutants, read stories about his origin...Not suspecting anything at all....no clues, no build-up and then Whammo out of the blue Morrison surprises everyone...

For me this is/was a great moment in comics....Perfectly executed, smart writing..but most of all using a very slow build up