• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Nobody has a Tec 400 9.6 available. They must be locked away. :shrug:

I cannot blame them. I will suffer the consequences of passing up my chance....every day...for the rest of my life......... :(

Nobody has a Tec 400 9.6 available. They must be locked away. :shrug:

I cannot blame them. I will suffer the consequences of passing up my chance....every day...for the rest of my life......... :(

:o

Come in off the ledge, we'll find a pill for that.

HouseofMystery184CGC94OW-WPlr.jpg

First off, beautiful book! :applause:

But it got me thinking that after all these years, I really don't understand whats going on in this cover. I always thought the kids were in a basement and that was some kind of mirror. Now seeing it again it looks as if they are on the front porch of an old house and that is some kind of an ancient (almost Egyptian) doorway. Then there's all that sand too. I do confess I have forgotton the interior story, so maybe that explains all of it, but by just seeing the cover alone, it's pretty confusing.

But it got me thinking that after all these years, I really don't understand whats going on in this cover. I always thought the kids were in a basement and that was some kind of mirror. Now seeing it again it looks as if they are on the front porch of an old house and that is some kind of an ancient (almost Egyptian) doorway. Then there's all that sand too. I do confess I have forgotton the interior story, so maybe that explains all of it, but by just seeing the cover alone, it's pretty confusing.

It's a house of mystery!

It's a house of mystery!

That's the feature story but my point is that Adam's was always able to convey the subject of the cover very well. This one is a little confusing to me.

The better question: What are the boys wearing, Pro-Keds or Converse? hm

68668.jpg.4689f1cb8afc52d67005bca896a0af20.jpg

68669.jpg.2916be6698dabd7fdafad7851ad2ffbc.jpg

That's the feature story but my point is that Adam's was always able to convey the subject of the cover very well. This one is a little confusing to me.

Here's my take: It's supposed to be a normal, everyday house, but when you look in the door it opens into an Egyptian tomb. The sand is meant to be a spillover from that (Egyptian tombs are in the desert), but I think that's what makes it confusing, especially with the kid and the pail. Adams probably should have left that out.

Here's my take: It's supposed to be a normal, everyday house, but when you look in the door it opens into an Egyptian tomb. The sand is meant to be a spillover from that (Egyptian tombs are in the desert), but I think that's what makes it confusing, especially with the kid and the pail. Adams probably should have left that out.

Not a chance! My kid would be playing in the sand, the younger one, while the older one would realize the danger. Just like Neal depicted. The two older ones are aware of the portal, the little one just knows there is sand and its play time. I have seen this in real life......not the Egypt in the doorway......the other thing.