• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

I guess nobody likes my Bats 244... :sorry:

It's a good piece of work by Adams, but more swashbuckling look about it, something I personally don't connect to Batman with. So it doesn't rate highly in my book.

Though impact, and all the other desirable aspects of a great cover are there.

We're still out here, waiting patiently for you to return and start posting more books!

On a side note, reading the raw copies I have been aquiring has been great. I read half the Strange Adventures series and all the B and Bolds while away.

His artwork and the story on Brave and the Bold #86 was the best. And I have no problem reading them with my kids.

here is another of the famous "wordless" covers by Neal Adams. I discovered that they mis-spelled his name in one of the Strange Adventures comics as Neil Adams. Crazy things you find when you can open the books.

PhantomStranger8CGC94OW-WP.jpg

here is another of the famous "wordless" covers by Neal Adams. I discovered that they mis-spelled his name in one of the Strange Adventures comics as Neil Adams. Crazy things you find when you can open the books.

PhantomStranger8CGC94OW-WP.jpg

Love the image of the PS in the background.

Okay, identify the creature along the right edge of this comic...

Superboy163.jpg

I knew I'd seen that creature somewhere...

untitled.jpg

mutant rabbit dog. So Neal's horses look like dogs, his dogs look like rabbits. What do his rabbits look like ?

Celine Dion? (shrug)

all righty, when is the last time you saw this cover? I had never seen it before. I was the lone bidder on E-Bay. Always remember "key" words in the title help users find your stuff. The lack of them help people that search too often... :grin:

ADVEN366.jpg

all righty, when is the last time you saw this cover? I had never seen it before. I was the lone bidder on E-Bay. Always remember "key" words in the title help users find your stuff. The lack of them help people that search too often... :grin:

ADVEN366.jpg

Nice copy. I like his Legion covers in Adventure, but much like Superboy they get little to no respect compared to the Batman/Detective and Green Lantern runs.

This one has just returned home. 5 years ago I started selling my collection, getting some good raw books slabbed etc...well after a short time I got the "bug" again and decided to collect Neal Adams....so I have been looking for some of my books to get back. Just got this one in from Microbia (E-Bay).

BraveandtheBold83CGC94OW.jpg

Congrats on getting that one back!

Is it just me, or is that cover not "pure" Adams? Another inker, perhaps?

I'd say there is some Cardy in there.

Yes! Absolutely.

I think CGC is in error, as Adams did the interior but not the cover, I believe. It looks like Cardy alright. The anatomical proportioning and perspective is NOT on par with Adams style