• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anybody recognize this ad? $20 bounty if you know

25 posts in this topic

I think this may have been a comic book ad for a video game. $20 and my undying gratitude to anyone who can show me a picture of the published piece. The piece is circa late 80s. Please help!

The artist thinks it was for GI Joe but the hair color/weapons/clothes are a closer match to super double dragon. Anyone remember seeing this ad or better yet have a picture???

I'm attaching pics of:

1) the final piece

2) the concept, which shows the shape and placement of the logo

3) the super double dragon box (note same weapons/hair/urban setting)

43086-8.jpg.28ce172be61cf094d8142b02dee8edde.jpg

43087-G.I_Joe.jpg.f96f9f7a38e5a9cef781c28decc37985.jpg

43088-sdd.gif.a21adbd5ef0689c639725a9ae2055613.gif

I already talked to the artist; as I already mentioned he thinks its GI Joe, which just doesn't seem right. He doesn't remember which work was for what all that well and who can blame him, its been a long time.

yeah. but he did so much game work from about 88-92 that its all a blur for him. He did a huge percentage of the arcade game work during that time, which is no doubt why the piece reminds blowupthemoon of final fight - he did the work for that as well. Here's the concept for final fight.

yeah. but he did so much game work from about 88-92 that its all a blur for him. He did a huge percentage of the arcade game work during that time, which is no doubt why the piece reminds blowupthemoon of final fight - he did the work for that as well. Here's the concept for final fight.

I'd love to see the concept art for Final Fight!