• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking a Pedigree

6 posts in this topic

This may already be addressed somewhere on the boards, but I don't have a clue where to look.

I'm thinking about picking up a pedigree book in the near future. The one I'm going after is slabbed by CGC. (The ped. is printed on the label.)

The only thing is, my first instinct will be to crack it. I'll want to read it. I'll want to see what the book really feels like, looks like, smells like, etc. Hey-- if I'm going to pay for a ped. book, I'm going to want the whole experience!

However, after I do this... would I be able to slab it again down the road? And the next time could the pedigree still be noted on the label? I sort of hate to make an investment like that and then potentially harm the value of it by cracking.

Truthfully, if I buy it, I'll probably crack it anyway. BUT... would be nice to know about this either way.

Thanks in advance

-Rob-

Who are you buying it from? If it's one of the big boys, the invoice should note the Ped. Designation as well. Hold onto it and send it (along with the old label) in when you resub. Shouldn't have any problems. (thumbs u

A scan of the book in the original holder plus the label should prove sufficient. Not that I'm guaranteeing anything.