• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Spidey OA

44 posts in this topic

Well, the owner is checking to see if he still has it, and will be putting it on hold for me as soon as he finds it. It's a pretty interesting looking piece, and it's got some nice shots of Spidey in costume. And oh yeah... it's pencilled by Ron Frenz and inked by Bob McCleod! So, I was also able to find a piece by an artist I really like which was definitely an added bonus.

lol Time to tell my wife I found what I want for my Christmas present!

Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives 3 Page 3

Hob3_3.jpg

Look into getting some Ultimate Spidey art. As others have said, you can get a nice one for under $200. I picked this up at Heroes for $120:

IMG_0300.jpg

Granted, it's not Ditko or Romita or McFarlane, but I'll never be able to afford one of those anyway.

That really is a nice looking piece Chris- is that supposed to be the Ultimate Scorpion? Really nice fight scene. :)

Look into getting some Ultimate Spidey art. As others have said, you can get a nice one for under $200. I picked this up at Heroes for $120:

IMG_0300.jpg

Granted, it's not Ditko or Romita or McFarlane, but I'll never be able to afford one of those anyway.

That really is a nice looking piece Chris- is that supposed to be the Ultimate Scorpion? Really nice fight scene. :)

Kinda-sorta. It's the Scorpion, but not "Ultimate Scorpion". It's a clone form the Ultimate Spidey Clone Saga (which was actually pretty good, especially compared to the lame arse ASM clone saga).

:applause: John had it, and I paid for it tonight. I should have it in hand by this time next week! Of course, I'm going to have to turn it over until Christmas, but oh well! My first OA, woo hoo!

Well, the owner is checking to see if he still has it, and will be putting it on hold for me as soon as he finds it. It's a pretty interesting looking piece, and it's got some nice shots of Spidey in costume. And oh yeah... it's pencilled by Ron Frenz and inked by Bob McCleod! So, I was also able to find a piece by an artist I really like which was definitely an added bonus.

lol Time to tell my wife I found what I want for my Christmas present!

Spider-Man: Hobgoblin Lives 3 Page 3

Hob3_3.jpg

P.S. Dale, I've been lurking over one or two of your pieces... some nice stuff on there. :)

Well, my art came in today and it looks SOOOoooo much better in person! I also had no idea that OA was a lot bigger than a regular 8x11. Anyhow, I can't WAIT to see this framed and up in the house!

I've got a couple of goals to finish with my comics, but I could definitely see adding in a couple pieces here and there down the road.