• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Why thank you. I'm working on completeing this small run in 9.0 or better. I'm thinking it will take me a couple of years because of the cost. Love the different covers on this run.
I used to have a GL/GA #76 a long time ago,I'm thinking of buying the issue for my personal collection.Hope you complete your set (thumbs u

Looks like things are heating up for GL back issues from dealer sites as well. Worldwide Comics is now sold out of most of the early issues they had available a couple of weeks ago.

sold or sent to the factory for another round of squeezing?

Sold. They have already been squeezed as far as they can go based on what I saw from them in San Diego. lol

Looks like things are heating up for GL back issues from dealer sites as well. Worldwide Comics is now sold out of most of the early issues they had available a couple of weeks ago.

sold or sent to the factory for another round of squeezing?

Sold. They have already been squeezed as far as they can go based on what I saw from them in San Diego. lol

like the cap city #15 that went from 9.0 to 9.4. abracadabra

Collect Atom or Aquaman, then. Those titles are deader than doornails.

lol You can add Sea Devils, Hawkman, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Challengers of the Unknown, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy and a lot of others to the list as well.

I am not sure right now. You used to be able to land them for below guide in almost every grade below 8.0, but I am not certain now. That being said, with guide at $700 or a smidge higher in VG I would expect someplace between $400 - $600 should do the trick.

I am not sure right now. You used to be able to land them for below guide in almost every grade below 8.0, but I am not certain now. That being said, with guide at $700 or a smidge higher in VG I would expect someplace between $400 - $600 should do the trick.

You had a nice Green Lantern #1 and I wish I bought that from you. doh!

lol You can add Sea Devils, Hawkman, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Challengers of the Unknown, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superboy and a lot of others to the list as well.

Where are you getting your data from?

Sea Devils went for very strong prices when Mark Wilson sold some on eBay a couple of years ago, and the prices in the Mound City auction weren`t bad at all.

Metal Men, particularly #1, goes for amazingly strong prices given the number of ultra-HG copies in the Census.

Top census pre-1963 Jimmy Olsens were routinely going for well over 10X Guide, and sometimes more than 20X Guide, last year. :gossip:

Where are you getting your data from?

Sea Devils went for very strong prices when Mark Wilson sold some on eBay a couple of years ago, and the prices in the Mound City auction weren`t bad at all.

Metal Men, particularly #1, goes for amazingly strong prices given the number of ultra-HG copies in the Census.

Top census pre-1963 Jimmy Olsens were routinely going for well over 10X Guide, and sometimes more than 20X Guide, last year. :gossip:

My comments were based on what I have seen setting up at cons and selling on eBay personally. I have had HG runs of those titles from 2 OO collections that sold below guide even slabbed. I could not even give away the HG Doom Patrol run at 50% of guide. doh!

There are plenty of other 7.0s out there if you are still looking. (thumbs u

Yours was a decent price...and I like the eye appeal. :eyeroll:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It was the 7.0 that Brent auctioned off last week. ;)

Checked the ended auction...unfortunately I missed it. Decent deal on the GL1 7.0. (thumbs u

Checked the ended auction...unfortunately I missed it. Decent deal on the GL1 7.0. (thumbs u

What did it go for?