• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,530 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like the main GL title is picking up in demand now as well for issues #10 and under. I listed my lower grade issues on Clink late last week and the #6 (7.0) sold for $250 within a few hours and my #8 (8.0) just sold for $450 (could have held out for more, I think). I listed my better copies on Clink yesterday and the #1 in 7.5 is gone at $3,000. No hits on the higher issues (#15, #18, or #20), and the #7 and #9 are priced to not sell.

FWIW, all of the early issues that Worldwide comics had on hand a couple of months ago are gone as well.

I picked up the old label Slobodian GL 20 in 8.5 from Pedigree as it was priced 50$ less than the eBay listing.

Congrats, that was a great pickup. I saw it a while back and I was tempted.

I'm surprised it lasted this long. Slobodians are generally really nice copies in hand.

I picked up the old label Slobodian GL 20 in 8.5 from Pedigree as it was priced 50$ less than the eBay listing.

Congrats, that was a great pickup. I saw it a while back and I was tempted.

I'm surprised it lasted this long. Slobodians are generally really nice copies in hand.

Thanks to the climate in Winterpeg. lol

Well, it looks like the main GL title is picking up in demand now as well for issues #10 and under. I listed my lower grade issues on Clink late last week and the #6 (7.0) sold for $250 within a few hours and my #8 (8.0) just sold for $450 (could have held out for more, I think). I listed my better copies on Clink yesterday and the #1 in 7.5 is gone at $3,000. No hits on the higher issues (#15, #18, or #20), and the #7 and #9 are priced to not sell.

FWIW, all of the early issues that Worldwide comics had on hand a couple of months ago are gone as well.

I agree that the #8 could have sold for more, that is a nice looking book.

I think your #7 is priced just right. #15 should sell soon. It's a tough book with highest graded in 9.4 .

I agree that the #8 could have sold for more, that is a nice looking book.

I think your #7 is priced just right. #15 should sell soon. It's a tough book with highest graded in 9.4 .

I think the problem with #8 is that it is not that tough to find in 9.0 or lower relative to the #6, #7 or #9. It will be interesting to see what a higher grade copy will bring.

Congrats on those sales (thumbs u . Wow, my GL 1 7.0 I bought for $1600 was a bargain.

Definitely if you can squeeze at least a 7.5 out of it. Otherwise, 7.0s have been all over the place between $1600 and $2200 recently.

I think anything under $1800 is a good deal for a 7.0 with at least cream/off-white pages. Since your 7.5 sold for 3K, it may help the 7.0 a bit. 1960's Green Lantern seems to do quite well in high grade.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Definitely if you can squeeze at least a 7.5 out of it. Otherwise, 7.0s have been all over the place between $1600 and $2200 recently.

I think anything under $1800 is a good deal for a 7.0 with at least cream/off-white pages. Since your 7.5 sold for 3K, it may help the 7.0 a bit. 1960's Green Lantern seems to do quite well in high grade.

7.0s should move up a bit higher than $2200 closer to the movie, so you are fine if you only paid $1600 for your copy. Like other DC SA "#1s", it picks up in prices closer to the 8.0 mark.

That being said, I should have listed my copy at $3500 in hindsight just to see what would have happened. I know that Metropolis has a copy on their website for $3100, so pricing above that might have been pushing it, but my copy did sell much faster than I expected.

Edited by kimik

7.0s should move up a bit higher than $2200 closer to the movie, so you are fine if you only paid $1600 for your copy. Like other DC SA "#1s", it picks up in prices closer to the 8.0 mark.

That being said, I should have listed my copy at $3500 in hindsight just to see what would have happened. I know that Metropolis has a copy on their website for $3100, so pricing above that might have been pushing it, but my copy did sell much faster than I expected.

That 7.5 raw they have looks more like a 7.0. They also have a 7.0 graded with off-white to white pages (nice PQ) for $3000. I wonder if the buyer who bought your 7.5 on also bought the SC22 6.5 for $6100. hm