• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,530 posts in this topic

So, how long until we see another higher grade GL run like the Mound City auction?

When spunkydo puts his collection up for sale?

I wonder if he is planning on finishing up his run now that GL books are so $$$, especially the top census ones that he seems to be collecting.

If not, it's a good time now to cash in on huge profits?

I think that we still have a bit of time before the big demand spike on the regular GL series. Showcase #22 has really taken off, but outside of GL #1 and GL #7 (which has always carried a premium in mid to high grade since it is so tough to find) the early SA issues have not really jumped. Give it another year or so before this happens since the movie hype will be starting in full force AND the lack of supply will become even more apparent.

If you look at the reported numbers at www.comichron.com, GL was a relatively weak seller in the 1960-1962 period topping out at 240 - 250K in total paid monthly circulation. This would be a blockbuster today, but back then the top titles were doing 500K to 1 million copies (Disney books). It appears that GL peaked in 1965 at ~275K copies, and dropped from there. As a result, there are not a lot of copies to start with relative to other titles at that time.

So, how long until we see another higher grade GL run like the Mound City auction?

lol - which auction house has not tried to contact him recently?

They never tried to contact me when I had a lot of the books. (shrug)

From what I hear, they put out a call for SC #22s in August. Amazing what a movie announcement can do to change their perspective on things! lol

when you owned them GL was just another DC third stringer- now he's the second coming

i was wondering if spunky stooped to 9.2 and picked up the #1, #3 and #4 from Mound City

Ask Roy. He said most were bought by a collector that flew in just for the GL run.

Who is spunky? PM me anybody.

Spunky aint selling.

I wasn't asking because I was buying, I was asking because I wanted to know if I had met him in St. Louis.

:makepoint:

i was wondering if spunky stooped to 9.2 and picked up the #1, #3 and #4 from Mound City

Ask Roy. He said most were bought by a collector that flew in just for the GL run.

What info do you have to trade me for this info?

:devil:

I`m serious. If it`s not regarding something that`s common knowledge, like "who`s the Dentist," then information is always a 2-way street.

I`m serious. If it`s not regarding something that`s common knowledge, like "who`s the Dentist," then information is always a 2-way street.

meh

How can I possibly know what you want to know?

meh

If you know of anyone with HG early SA Legion of Superhero appearances that is looking to sell........ (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

meh

If you know of anyone with HG early SA Legion of Superhero appearances that is looking to sell........ (thumbs u

Well then, I might have a very positive answer for our intrepid Asian contact. Operative word being might.

:cool:

Then again, maybe I'll wait until I really need to know something and not want to know anything, since that is the way things are done here.

:whistle: